sixteen

After Namwaan arrived back home and Jeongguk continued touring around the world with his beloved band members, two weeks seemed like a really long and exhausting time.

Especially for Jeongguk. It was a whole challenge to convince himself to not fully give up, to pull out the last bit of strength he owned to spread the power he wasn't even capable of showing.
It was hard. Jeongguk craved breaks and food, yet he needed to work and be on a diet since he had to show his abs in one part of a choreography.

Jimin had to remind Jeongguk to eat every time, and if he forgot, Namwaan would take his job and force the young boy to eat and live a little bit healthier.

Once, she even forced Jeongguk to film himself while eating to fully prove he wasn't lying when he said he'd eat.

"I'm okay", Jeongguk laughed while taking a sip of his hot tea, smiling lovely into the camera as his eyes were adoring the beauty of his girlfriend on his screen.

"Fine. But I swear to god, if I get a call from Yoongi again having to hear how you passed out, I'll fly to you again and wait for you to wake up only to punch you so fucking hard so you'll pass out again, maybe even die from it", Jeongguk heard her warning, trying to sound as serious as possible, but failing miserably as she was taking a glimpse of Jeongguk's adorable smile.

"Don't do that."
"What?"
"Stop that. That's unfair. No. Jeongguk. Stop."

Instead of listening to her words, Jeongguk smiled even wider and brighter.
His smile grew more and more pure and adorable, making it really hard for Namwaan to be mad at him - how could a soul be mad at such a sweet guy?

This smile was probably the only weakness Namwaan had.

"I am not enjoying animals in my organs."

"Wait, what?", he sounded confused for a second, putting his cup of tea aside as he stopped smiling because of how confused he was.

"Fuck you, I still feel those butterflies when I look at you, maybe you should just turn off the camera and mute yourself."

"I deeply apologize for causing these feelings, but, dear lovely queen Namwaan, how in hell should we call if I mute myself and turn off the camera?"

"Excuse you? You can listen to my beautiful voice telling you so much nonsense and bullshit until you throw up. Which you can gladly do, because I occasionally can neither hear nor see you", she joked teasingly before Jeongguk broke down in laughter.

Should she feel offended? Nah.
Without any hesitation, Namwaan chuckled at her own words.

These calls became a daily thing, which Jeongguk and Namwaan enjoyed more than healthy.

They'd call at midnight, and when the call ended, they'd think about the next call and wait impatiently to click the green button again.

After every concert, Jeongguk got the chance to hear his girlfriend. His day was strict and exhausting, but listening to her and how her day went - it was somehow really calming and a simple yet lovely tradition for the fresh couple.

A new message.
Jeongguk wanted to click the notification away, but immediately froze as he read what was written in the small text.

"Is everything okay? You seem like you saw a dead fish", Namwaan asked worried, but Jeongguk just shrug it away.

"Nothing, just Taehyung sending me stupid memes."

- 🌱-

"Can I ask you for a favor, Jeongguk?", Namjoon, someone who noticed how strange a certain member was behaving, asked Jeongguk hoping he'd figure some things out.

"Sure, what's up?"

They were currently in the airplane, flying to Italy to perform their upcoming concert. While every member was using the chance and falling asleep quite quickly, Namjoon seemed to be bothered by something wanting to share it with Jeongguk.

"Something is up with Taehyung. Don't you think?" Jeongguk tilted his head to face Taehyung's presence, eyeing the sleeping elder boy with a strange feeling.

"Now that you're mentioning it, he has really been acting different these days."

The sleeping boy didn't look like he'd awake by their conversation at anytime. He was sleeping peacefully, hugging his big grey pillow while slightly smiling.

"Innocent boy has secrets", Namjoon murmured, thinking what he could be hiding.

"He isn't that innocent, Moonie. We should stop thinking he's innocent, I mean, where and when the fuck did he learn hacking? And where do all his 'girlfriends' disappear?"

"You mean.. He murdered.."

"God dammit what the fuck no, I'm just saying that he breaks many hearts."

Jeongguk threw a pillow into the elders face, sighing at how stupid he could act. Murder? For sure not.

But something was off with Taehyung. It wasn't the way how he held his pillow or how he talked in his sleep, it was how he acted in the daytime.

He'd avoid social interaction as much as he could, he'd force himself to laugh whenever someone made a joke, he got really nervous when someone was mentioning Jeongguk's girlfriend, Namwaan.

Wait.

"Are Taehyung and Namwaan in contact?", Jeongguk asked, hoping for a "no" as answer.

His best friend couldn't just be in love with his girlfriend.

No, no, no. Please no.
Please just say no.

"No, they havent even exchanged three sentences. Remember when he told you about the guy who was 'dating' Namwaan?"

"The lie you assholes presented to me? Yes, I do remember, it fucked up my whole brain."

"For the hundredth time, we are sorry, but we were also kind of scared that you'd catch us lying because Taehyung and Namwaan never talk and saying she told him such a private thing was really.. Odd? But I'm happy you're a blindfish."

Just see it positive, Jeongguk. He couldn't be in love with Namwaan.

Out of nowhere, Jeongguk received a new WhatsApp message - waiting for Namjoon to give up assuming and falling back asleep too, he decided to open the chat.

Fuck.