fifteen

"Can I ask something?", Yoongi asked a bit sceptical, placing his hands on the table while eyeing Jeongguk and Namwaan with a burning hesitation.

"Sure, we're willing to answer every question."

"So, you two are a couple now, but you never kissed? Like, did I get that right?"

It was the day after the confession happened. Jeongguk and Namwaan were a couple now, although they didn't seem to know the consequences by now. Yet they felt happy.

Finally. After months of fishing in the empty sea, they finally found what they needed - not what they were looking for, but they were still incredibly happy to call this chapter theirs. As lovers.

In 30 minutes, the driver would arrive, picking them up to drive towards airplane. Namwaan would fly back to Seoul, Jeongguk would continue flying around the world, giving multiple concerts and meet&greets.

This time, he'd feel better. Everything was alright, he got his girl, he was living his dream. Everybody seemed to be okay with each other, no drama anywhere.

But Jeongguk was hiding something. Something big, something he didn't even want to dare to show himself.

And that's why he couldn't be fully happy. He couldn't smile as bright and as pure as he desired.

"We never kissed", Namwaan said with a shy smile on her face, blushing a little bit at the thought of getting the chance to kiss Jeongguk's lips - how would that feel?

Namwaan was excited, yet a little bit nervous. She had never kissed a guy before.
Well, she couldn't remember kissing anybody else before. If she were a good kisser? Who knows?

Would she faint?

She'd most probably faint. That'd turn out to be an embarrassing moment.

"I really, truly and deeply want to throw up at how romantic the both of you are", with this, Yoongi stood up, fixing his clothes.

"Thank you for telling me, but I don't care. Like, literally. Do whatever you want. I came to a point were I don't care."

"JIMIN, TAEHYUNG, NAMJOON, HOSEOK, GET YOUR ASSES OUT OF THE BATHROOM, WE HAVE TO CELEBRATE SOMETHING!"

Jin screaming with his whole lung caused Namwaan to giggle. It was cute how determined he was trying to make this relationship work, although he wasn't even involved. She never really made close contact to him, but he seemed so sweet and caring. It was adorable.

"What's up?", Hoseok asked, his toothbrush stuck between his teeth while he was trying to fix his hair.

"Jeonwan is officially true", Jin clapped with his hands as if he just announced the biggest event this year, while the other boys just sighed and went back to the bathroom.

"Hello? A little bit support?", Jeongguk asked a bit disappointed, but his best friend didn't seem to bother at all.

Yoongi just laughed.

———

"Goodbye, Nam", he whispered softly, giving her a gentle kiss on her forehead.

Namwaam smiled. She couldn't help herself, she was smiling so brightly, so cheerful, her existence seemed to be filled with euphoria. Everywhere.

He was hers. Only hers.

"Take care of yourself, okay? I don't want you to get hurt when I'm not around."

"Kook, who was the one who passed out while the other one wasnt around?", she teased him and booped his nose, letting a lightnend chuckle escaping Jeongguk's lips.

But an uncomfortable feeling was growing inside of him again, although he tried to push it away - although he tried to avoid it, this feeling crossed his life so many times and he didn't see a solution how to handle it.

So he kept pushing. Pushing and pushing until he passed out.

"Do you want some money? I mean, when you get back home, I-"

"Jeongguk. It's okay. I'm going to find a job, but my past doesn't look so attractive.. But I will find one and when I have enough money, I will move out of your house."

"I get that you want to be independent and I'm glad you took that step, but if you dare to move out of my house, I will ruin you."

"You're so overprotective, did you know that?", she told him and peaked him from the side, but Jeongguk didn't care. Yes, he was overprotective. It was something he couldn't just turn off when it came to her, but he tried his best.

He'd travel around the world for Nam. For his dream, for Nam.

"I'm going to miss you",
There was a dark shadow growing inside of Jeongguk, causing him to be more stressed and exhausted than ever. A darkness crossing his mind, thoughts, a darkness which didn't just disappeared within seconds.
But Nam seemed to make it okay. For a moment, Jeongguk assumed she was the medicine for his mental state. A bright light, a sunshine hiding the shadow of his.

She was leaving his side for now,
but looking at how beautiful she laughed in his arms - he could already break down, thinking how much it'll hurt when she leaves forever.

"I'm going to miss you too", Jeongguk said upset.

He had to be strong.

And then, Namwaan left to her flight, marking herself with a lovely smile in Jeongguk's mind.

I'm curious, who's your favorite character from "sneakers"?