Friends

oof a long-ish chapter xDD

---

Heart pounding, I grabbed my lunch. I clenched the tray tightly, eyes darting around in an attempt to find Uraraka.

Suddenly, my shoulders tensed, a yelp escaping my lips. As everyone around me stared, I felt my face becoming hot. Laughing nervously, I turned around, only to see a kid handing me a bowl I had forgotten.

"Oh... Thanks...," I coughed awkwardly, taking the bowl and placing it on my tray. As he walked away, I breathed out a sigh of relief, laughing to myself for being so nervous.

It'll be fine. Uraraka invited you. Don't worry about it.

Biting my lip, I glanced around more slowly. Eventually, I spotted the familiar brunette, chatting away with a few others. At her table sat a boy with glasses, and to the side a few girls from the class.

Taking a deep breath, I put on a strained smile before walking over.

When I stood to the side of the table, I cleared my throat, catching each of their attention.

Most of them stared at me, eyes tracing my every movement. Maaaaybe this was a mistake...

"Well?" Uraraka smiled, causing my fear to die down. "Aren't you going to sit?"

The girls' eyes widened. "WHAT?!" they all shouted.

"Oh, be quiet!" Uraraka said. "I invited him, alright?"

The boy with the glass silently sat, though I could feel his anger directed towards me.

"I-it's fine," I smiled, getting ready to sit alone once again.

"No, no!" Uraraka shook her head. "I already said you could join me. Don't worry about it."

Gulping, I stiffly took a seat next to Uraraka.

"So, your name's Midoriya. I remembered that right, yeah?" she asked.

"Yup!" I said in a high-pitched voice.

I heard a snort from the girls' table, causing me to blush slightly.

"You know, you could relax a little," a pink girl grinned.

I glanced over at her, surprised. "You're... Talking to me?"

Although it seemed impossible, her face became slightly pinker. "Oh, y'know," she laughed nervously, rubbing the back of her neck. She shook her head before smiling. "If Uraraka thinks you're alright, you must be, yeah?"

After a moment of silence, I furrowed my brows. "Am... Am I supposed to respond?"

The girl next to her - looking like the punk type - cracked a small smile.

"I guess not," the pink girl laughed. "Anyways," she stuck out her hand, "I'm Mina Ashido."

I nervously smiled, shaking her hand awkwardly. "Izuku Midoriya. Though...," I furrowed my brows, "Everyone keeps calling me Deku..." The tabes visibly tensed up, causing me to become suspicious. "Hmm...?"

"Oh, it's really nothing!" Uraraka laughed nervously.

"Yeah!" Mina glanced to the side, "Don't worry about it."

"Uhm... Okay...?" I said, almost questioning my words.

"Anyways!" Ashido grinned, putting her arm around the punk-rock girl. "This is Jiro and," she pointed to the girl across from her, "This is the president of our class - Yaoyorozu!"