My Fault

more cRINGE you say??

tHE SAGA CONTINUES >;D

aLSO

artistic_angst mADE HECKIGN FANART AND HHHHHHH

needless to say i'm dying a bit B) 

aND FOR THIS RANDOM ACT OF MURDER THAT ARTISTIC ANGST HAS COMMITTED I SHALL NOW POST ANOTHER CHAPTER MUHAHAHEAWHS

---

I took in a deep breath, hands in my pockets with a hood pulled over my head. My eyes were squeezed shut as I let out a shaky breath before moving onward.

Why in the world did I think taking a walk would be a good idea?

I figured it might've helped me clear my mind, but it only made me overthink even more.

Maybe that's a good thing, the voice not-so-helpfully provided.

I gritted my teeth. Why are you back?

Why are you such a grump? He retorted. Anyways, I'm just saying. Ditch those people you called 'friends' already. They never liked you. You were just a waste of space in their eyes. Someone to be scared of.

Knock it off with that. They care. Though, I wasn't quite sure I believed myself anymore.

Alright, Lover Boy. Until then, I didn't know you could hear an eye roll. I know you're just thinking about that Round-Faced chic or whatever.

A light blush appeared on my cheeks. Stop.

But remember what she said? He continued despite my protests. That she couldn't love someone like you! Y'know, cause you're a villain.

That's not what she said! I replied somewhat angrily.

But that's what she meant and you know it.

Liar.

Truther.

Just stay out of this. Soon enough I'll go back home and get rid of you.

Home? The voice snorted. You mean with the guy that left you to jump off a building? Like he'd want you back after everything you've done with the League. You were just a nuisance in the first place.

I stiffened at the voice's comments. He... Wasn't wrong. Where was I supposed to go? How could I look at a man like that?

Exactly. Now get over yourself already.

I paused for a moment. No. I'll still be a hero.

I don't understand how you can be like this. You've spent your whole life being ridiculed by people, and now you want to protect them? Don't you remember what your life used to be like? Anything?