Hate

As I stood in the observation room, I couldn't help but worry about my match. Although it was determined that our team would be last, every time I felt even slightly calm, I noticed Bakugo staring at me out of the corner of his eye, each glance filled with hatred.

"Did... Did I do something to upset him?" I asked Uraraka nervously.

She looked around for a moment before spotting Bakugo. She bit her lip and gave a light sigh. "Probably not. Bakugo's just... Like that sometimes. It's really easy to make him mad."

"And," Kaminari added, standing nearby, "He gets revenge." He shivered. "I really shouldn't have taken his food that one time."

I felt myself become more nervous and Jiro scolded Kaminari.

"You just made it worse, you doofus!" she whisper-yelled before turning towards me. "I'm sorry, Midoriya. About Kaminari and Bakugo." She ignored Kaminari's protests, offering me a sympathetic smile.

Well, I suppose if it's a normal thing, I shouldn't feel too bad about it..., I thought to myself. After catching another one of his death stares, I quickly snapped my head back, gulping. I hope...

"Looks like they learned from last time," Kirishima chuckled, causing our little group to turn towards the screen.

"Oh yeah!" Mina agreed, "They avoided Todoroki's ice!"

"But it looks like Todoroki's doing something different too," Jiro pointed out.

Yaoyorozu nodded. "Instead of going in by himself and doing everything, he's allowing Shoji to help. Not to mention the fact that he was able to keep him safe even while he used his ice."

"But he's not using his left side anymore," Mina frowned. "I wonder why..."

I stiffened slightly, but not enough for anyone to notice. It's not my place to say anything... But... I glanced up at the screen. I should've expected it wouldn't be that easy to get him to accept his power...

As Todoroki and Shoji headed upstairs, the camera switched to show Hagakure and Ojiro. However, much to the group's confusion, neither were visible.

"What's going on?" Mina questioned confusedly.

"Yeah," Kaminari tilted his head to the side, "Where are they?"

"Maybe," I suggested, "They're planning a sneak attack." Uraraka and the others had helpfully provided me with the results of the previous matches as well as parts of what happened. "From what I understand, Todoroki got them with a sort of sneak attack last time. After dodging that, they're trying the same thing. Also," I added, "Even though Ojiro is strong, Shoji is stronger, and neither Ojiro nor Hagakure would really stand a chance against Todoroki one on one with fair play."

"Wow," Jiro stared at me. "You analyzed that well, huh?"

After realizing that I had practically talked their ears off, I blushed, glancing down and fidgeting with my hands. "Oh uhm - sorry..."

"Don't be sorry," Uraraka said, causing my head to snap up. Her smile caused my heart to flutter as she continued. "It's really cool that you can see all of that, Izuku."

"Yeah," Kaminari sighed, "You're good at a whole lotta things. Which, by the way," he said half annoyedly but more playfully, "Makes everyone else look bad."

I gave a slight laugh. "Oh c'mon, that's not true."

"For one," Mina mentioned, "You saved Kirishima that one time during practice."

Jiro agreed. "You're somehow magically great at fighting."

Iida surprised me by adding to the conversation as well. "Not to mention you're an expert with analytical thinking."