Episode 3: Leonn'e

Episode 3: Leonn’e

            Angela had her hands on her upper arms, rubbing them vertically, trying to regain reality from her horrific encounter with the hounds. The sun peeked out from the sky of clouds on her way home, putting visibility to the blood that she was covered in. It was as if someone dunked pigs’ blood on Angela from prom and while no one was laughing, the feeling of running away wasn’t sitting too well. Angela fell deeper and deeper into thought about the whole incident. Where did those beasts come from? Why come after her…or was it Trista they were after?

            She unintentionally turned down a street called St. Newark, the same street she took last night when she encountered the man with the trench coat. Rumors had floated throughout the school that it wasn’t the best street to walk through, especially alone. There was a point that Angela thought them to be just rumors. However, now she wasn’t too sure when she heard the pounding of the pavement behind her. Her blue eyes darted to the side when a feeling of someone entering into her territory without permission. This generated her presence to clash with his…his?

            This sensing disoriented Angela, making her nauseous. It was like an acid trip. She could pickup that there was a person behind her and that they had a strong, but heavy mass which Angela concluded the figure to be of male gender. Angela could also sense that he was much taller than she was, his presence was close enough for her to scale.

            “Show yourself dammed!” Angela shouted, turning around aggressively. Though, to her dismay, no one was there. Fenced up low-income homes, silver trashcans placed on the narrow sidewalk of the road. “OH!” she yelled when she turned back around, seeing a man in front of her who wasn’t there before. The sudden scare, her hands flinched. Her ability released a force that pressed against the man, making him stumble, but it wasn’t strong enough to knock him down.

            “Very impressive young one.”

            “And just who the hell is you?” Angela reacted while keeping her guard up.

            “I’m a simple person. Searching for a very long time for you,” he said in a serious manner. His voice was deep and with a commanding tone. Angela arched her right eyebrow,

            “Okay, that sounded so perverted on so many levels,” she told him. He took his slender frame and began circling Angela. As clouds covered the sun, he would remove the white fringe that covered a portion of his face behind the ears. Angela turned and made contact with his gray wolf eyes.

            “Let me start over. I am Mik'ky’ella Leonn’e [Mike-Ki-Ella] [Lee-own-Nay]…but you may call me Leonn’e. I am your Guideian,” he said announced to her.

            “A Guideian? Wait, my Guideian?” she questioned intuitively.

            “A Guideian guides gifted beings and help them grow into their power. Especially those connected to The Craft,” he explained, placing his large hands inside his black leather jacket.

            “The Craft? As in witchcraft?” she asked him.

            “Yes.”

            “Hold up dude. A witch? You think that I’m a witch? Alright then, well it was nice meeting you. I’m talking to a stranger and covered in blood so unlike you, I’m going to bounce up out of here,” she said and turned around in the direction she was going in the beginning. But, to her shock, she found him somehow stranding right in front of her. “How…how did you do that?”

            “Magic,” he answered. “You are Angela Summers correct? I am aware of your ability to move objects with your hands. That’s do to you having bewitching blood flowing in you just like the others.”

            “Wait, they’re other people out there like me?” she asked him. The thought never crossed Angela’s mind of others like her.

            “Oh yes.”

            “Sorry dude. I really don’t believe in this, and if I don’t believe in it, then I certainly don’t believe you,” Angela campaigned. Angela noticed was looking over his shoulder as if hearing something.

            “You will soon believe for you have been activated. There’s a power within you and from it you will form and connect the others. That is why I came to you in person first,” he explained. Angela’s forehead and palm made contact. When her head finally picked back up again, he was gone.

            “Locate the others in order to find out what you all are meant to be. Meant to become, only when all of you are together,” Leonn'e’s voice echoed in the background, as if God spoke from the heavens. Though at first, Leonn'e didn’t present himself as threatening, Angela started to notice a change when her senses began to shift in a different direction. She rubbed her arms when a cold breeze brushed by. She looked around when a new feeling of penetrating eyes directly on her made the hairs on the back of her neck stand. The steps she took forward gained speed in order to reach her house, passing a shadow with a silhouette of a dorfman hat.