Chapter 4

It has been couple of weeks, since Sophie swore to herself that she would get back at Weasley twins. But to her dismay, nothing crossed her mind. Though she hated to admit, she knew how intelligent and creative twins can be to plan and come up with different ideas for their pranks. Only that thinking made her enjoy Weasleys' pranks so far, but now that she was being played, she believed it is time to show them that they messed with the wrong girl.

Everytime she looked either of the twins in the eye, she knew their smirked says they remembered she was being pranked. Though there's hardly anyone knew about those pranks except twins, Sophie's friends and herself, she felt most embarrassed because of twins. 'Those stupid Weasleys should never think she is the weakest Slytherin' so she thought she must act fast.

When she walking to her Divination class, she touched her side pocket of the bag. 'Let's see Weasleys, whether you like your fingers webbed' a smile crossed her face at thought.

In her class, while her friends chatted with eachother, Sophie found herself busy thinking how to give Gillyweed powder to twins. She only have to make twins touch that powder with their bare hands, that will results webbed fingers for few hours. 'Quite a sight' Sophie giggled alone as someone squeezed her arm from behind.

"What kind of food you ate today, that make you laugh alone?" One of the twins, Fred, now Sophie can easily identified as, asked her.
"It is none of your business" Sophie snapped.
"Oh come on, Dixon, you are our best friend, why don't you share your little secrets with us?" Fred nudged Sophie, as George beamed from Fred's side to wave at Natalie and Lucia who are now watching them.
"I am not your best friend! Now, why are you bothering me?" Sophie snorted.
"Bother? Never, my friend. We are just here to ask you some tea leaves for class"
"Lee Jordan normally bring us tea leaves, but today he seemed to be absent" George explained.
"Now come on,Dixon, be a good girl and give us some tea leaves. We have everything else. Tea cups, pots, spoons, you name it"

Sophie couldn't believe her ears. Did her chance delivered on a silver tray?
"Alright, I'll give you" She took a pouch out of her bag, she knew filled with Gillyweed powder.
"What's wrong with you?" Lucia and Natalie asked her looking surprised.
"And that's why she's our best friend and not yours" twins said as they left with gillyweed powder pouch.
"Just wait and watch, girls" Sophie smiled widely at her friends.

"Good day darlings! Let's get back to our very exciting tea cup reading session" Prof.Trelawny chirped as she excitedly clapped her hands despite few groans from the class. Sophie carefully looked sideways to see what twins are doing.

As Professor about to start the class, Fred carefully opened the pouch, put half of the powder directly to his cup and other half to his brother's cup. 'Just touch that powder' Sophie thought as she watched what twins do next. Then to her surprise, George took out a thermo and pour hot water to each cup, while Fred added sugar to each cup and started stirring, making sound enough to everyone in the class including professor, stare at them in disbelief. Then George opened few packets of biscuits and snacks, and lay them on their table nicely.

"What are you two doing?" Professor gasped.
"Why professor, didn't you want us hear for a tea party?" Fred raised his cup at professor, before start sipping his tea.
"What a lovely evening!" George took his cup and sipped as he took a biscuit from his other hand, to eat.

Watching the twins enjoy the tea, Prof.Trelawny broke into fits as she shout, "Darlings, someone please stop them before I faint" making the class laugh. She then turned to twins, " You should stop that right now before I complain to Prof.Dumbledore!"

Students kept laughing as in another corner Slytherin girl went pale in horror as she watched twins.

Twins suddenly fell into terrible fits, turning themselves blue, as they started to breath heavily and scratched their skin. Their skin seemed to grow gills while there was a  web formation between their fingers. The shoes popped out from their legs as legs turned to queer shape. Students who were laughing all this time gatthered around twins, as the jet black haired girl trembled with horror.

Class was dismissed for the day, as twins were taken to Hospital wings immediately.
"What has just happened? Did they planned it or not?" Natalie asked as they went to their dormitory that night.
"Sophie Dixon, will you please explain to us what just happened there?" Lucia stopped the dark girl who turned to pale white.
"I-I didn't expect t-them to d-drink that" the girl stammered.
"What did you give them?"
"Luc, I-I have to g-go somewhere, I'll be back soon" Said Sophie as she ran to other direction fast as possible.

Sophie hid behind another pillar in dark corner as she waited the corridor to get clear. She heard few foot steps coming to her direction.

"I still don't understand what makes them look like that" A second year said. It was Harry Potter, the infamous Harry Potter, also a friend of Ron Weasley.

"I would believe if they made someone else look like that. But why did they turn themselves?" Ron Weasley, twins' younger brother, sounded surprised.
"It is gillyweed" Hermione Granger offered to her friends.
"Gilly what?" Confused Ron stopped to look at Hermione.
"Gillyweed, a plant that allows you to breath well in water. Just touching it alone would make web formation in your fingers. But since they have consumed it probably internally in larger amount, it caused them to have webbed limbs and gills in their skin. We will learn about it for our Herbology next few years." The girl kept on talking without pause untill she finish.
"Then why did they eat it?" Ron asked still not believing.
"Because they are your brothers" Hermione said as she walked away, as if it explained everything to dumbfound boys.

Sophie waited till the trio turned the corner and disappeared. She then waited for anothe half an hour till lights are out, and then stealthily entered the wards. Mrs.Pomfrey seemed to gone to bed, and she couldn't find anyone in the hallway. Sophie walked further to end, where she heard a hushed voice and she guessed the two beds are occupied. The girl peeked through the curtain.

"Merlin's beard, Dixon, is that you?" One of the twins asked as the other, with some trouble, turned to look at the silhouette of the long haired girl.

"What are you doing here at this hour?"
"Why didn't you tell about me to Professor?" The girl whispered, not wanting to wake up Mrs. Pomfrey.
"Tell Professor what?"
Sophie looked up at twins in surprise.
"Don't pretend like you both don't know, Weasley. You know, I gave those Gillyweed powder to you" she whispered feeling bad inside.
"Gillyweed, is it? Isn't it good to know something like that Georgie?" Fred asked his brother who grinned back at him and said, "It is! We should take Dixon's advise for new ideas."
Sophie turned red with embarrasment.
"Now Dixon, you should leave here right now, if you are not planning to spend night with us tonight" despite their terrible condition, twins laughed together.

"And anyway, Mrs.Pomfrey hates to share us with anyone else." George joked back.

Sophie left Hospital wings silently, still not been able to believe twins' behaviour. That night, sleep didn't come to her untill very late as she kept on thinking what happened that day.