Chapter 25

Sophie dropped her cloak and bag on the chair and threw herself to next one in her rented apartment. She just came from her work, at the ministry. She thought it was bit of luck and much help from Natalie's parents to land a ministry job just after few months from the graduation. She hated this life of being alone again.

Lucia and Natalie went back to their families, Sophie rented this unit once she got the job at ministry of magic, though her father protested and thought there was no point she living alone when she could live with him. But she said it is possible she might give it away, and her stepmother and children might be in danger.

'If only Fred was here' she sighed. Fred and George being very busy these days, as it seemed their business soaring up in the joke shop. She didn't see them for almost week or so, even Fred didn't visit her.

She then made up her mind and rose to her feet. Adjusted her long black hair, Sophie checked her reflection on the mirror. 'Alright I suppose' then she put black travelling cloak over maroon robes and disapparated.

Sophie apparated to a corner of Diagon Alley and walked to building 93. She watched the familiar bright orange shop windows.Everyday she visited, there was always something new.

"Not planning to come in?" Tall man stood beside her and examined the shop windows as she did.

"George!" She smiled.

"Hurry up now, get in" George pushed her towards the shop.

"Hello Ms. Dixon, It has been a while" A staff girl greeted Sophie.

"Hello Marietta"

"Mr. Weasley, there are few customers looking for our shielding charm collection. Guess they are planning to buy a bulk. Do you wish to help them?" Marietta asked George.

"I'll get them, Marietta. Help Sophie to find Fred. No Sophie, it is almost our closing time, so you are not bothering Fred at all. Now go, girls" George said.

"The shop was quite busier these days, Ms. Dixon. You know, with the Christmas around the corner. Mr. Weasley and Mr. Weasley had to recruit more people for staff" They both made a beeline towards Wonder Witch section, where they found Fred talking to group of girls, who were giggling.

"Mr. Weasley knows exactly to handle these type of customers" Marietta laughed and said in low voice.

"Thanks Marietta, I'll wait till he finish" Sophie waved to staff girl.

Another loud round of giggles came from the group as Fred stood in the centre of girls, and telling something which girls found extremely funny. Sophie rolled her eyes to back of her head and turned away.

"Look who is here, Dixon!!" Fred gave Sophie a kiss on cheek.

"Funny you noticed " She shook him off. "I shouldn't have disturbed you. Please carry on with your... um.. talk with 'pretty' customers " Sophie snapped.

"It is alright. We are closing now. I have little time to spare for 'ugly customer ' now." Teased Fred.

Sophie shot him a frown, tossed back her hair and headed towards the door.

"Fi!" Fred caught her arm. "You know I was joking! Now come on" he said.

Sophie stopped and glared at him.
"I am glad you came" he said.

Fred held her hand and lead her to the top floor where he and George lived. "And sorry I called you ugly" he turned his head to look at her eyes. "You are hideous!" He cracked. Sophie hit him on his ribs.

The top floor of the shop had turned into a small cosy apartment, a large bedroom, a kitchen, bathroom and little living room with sofas.

"Tea?" He asked. She nodded her head.