Chapter 18

Lucia stomped her jumper on the bed. Sophie could almost see steam coming from her ears as her pale profile shaken with anger. Natalie exchanged a look with Sophie.

"Luc, I am sorry!" Sophie said quietly.

"Why do you say sorry?" Lucia shouted at her friend which made her almost jump. Then regretting it, she sat on her bed calmer  than before.

"You didn't do anything, Sophie. I hate that Weasley, because what he just said was true. I didn't do anything when Terence was being so mean to you." Lucia said frustrated.

"You know, Terence didn't lie. I am not saying I will forgive for the git he was. It is just I got to face this somehow, Luc. We've been hiding this for six years. Like I have some deformity. Like I am suffering from some fatal disease. I am tired of being like that." Sophie said.

"I know, you don't say anything , because you two are my best friends. But if we were not, you probably yourself would think same as Terence or any one else. Because that's how you are suppose to think"
Sophie then shook her head as both Natalie and Lucia tried to protest.

"No, that's the truth. Anyway I don't feel ashamed any more, being muggle-born. I am not going to be ashamed of my dad. Actually I am proud to be his daughter. And I am so lucky, to have both of you as my friends. So promise me, you both won't get into fights when someone bitching about being muggle-born. And promise me that you will help me get back to them later in another ways" she smiled.

"Well, in that case, you just happened to consult the best two people in the world for bitching" Lucia said to which Natalie nodded and laughed.

"Oh, I know better" Sophie laughed.

"Well you can talk us to this, but I don't think Weasley would agree" Natalie said.

"I know" Sophie said thoughtfully.

"No matter how good they can be to you, Soph, I still hate those two, Sorry about that" Lucia said.

"I don't mind" Sophie smiled again.

The Hogwarts castle looked gloomy instead of the fact that the new school term started. A ghost of sad feeling still lingered everywhere as the unexpected death of Cedric Diggory in last task Triwizard tournament brought great grief to everyone present that day. Sophie pushed her hair back and bent down to the essay she was writing. Natalie yawned to her own homework sheet.

"That Umbridge woman is sure crazy. How can we write two feet length essay on What is dark arts? I mean I shuffled words of the same line for so many times that it doesn't make any new sentence anymore. We are going to be so damned in our NEWT" Natalie morned.

"Tell me about it" Sophie sighed.

A second year boy walked to Natalie and handed her a roll of parchment. Before she could ask anything, the boy left frowning. Natalie opened the paper and read. She looked at Sophie and gulped.

"What was that, Nat?" Sophie asked.

"Umm.. I think you have to go to seventh floor now." Natalie replied.

"Why?"

Natalie looked around the common room.

"Lucia wants us there. I-I will join you.. later" Natalie stammered.

"Nat, are you alright? Let me see that" Sophie tried to take the paper but Natalie quickly put it into her pocket.

"No..Yes. I am alright. Just my head is throbbing...Suddenly. I'll be with you two soon. Now , go fast" Natalie said hastily.