Chapter 36

"What is herbology professor doing here in Quidditch pitch? Not planning to plant Mandrakes here, are you?" Sophie asked louder once she made sure no student was near.

"I wish. I mean Quidditch doesn't need a pitch in the first place. And you know, I could ask the same from DADA professor." Neville joked back as he joined Sophie in benches. Sophie laughed.

"You are not going to Hogsmeade I see." Neville said.

"Is it supposed to be sarcastic?" Sophie raised an eyebrow.

"No, not really. But you went there every week."

Sophie looked at her hands on her lap.

"Sophie, George said he wanted to meet you, and by the look of it, you are definitely  avoiding him" Neville said.

"I am quite predictable, am I not?" Sophie tried to put up a weak smile.

"You know what Sophie, there was this time I was mad about Luna. You remember Luna? Luna Lovegood?" Neville asked.

"Oh yes, Luna! That was her name, that's right. I don't think anyone would forget her. Quite unique girl." Sophie replied.

"Yes, She was" Neville smiled. "I actually thought I would never get over about her. But then things didn't work as we hoped. Then only I saw Hannah was there for me. I actually almost lost her. Because she was tired by then, you know, waiting for me all that time. Luckily, worst didn't happen. Love gets tired, Sophie. It might never lose, but it gets tired. When love gets tired, we lose that person, who could be the light of our life. And we can't live in the dark forever. "

"But atleast you didn't kill Luna, Neville" Sophie replied looking over the Quidditch pitch, at Forbidden forest.

"I didn't, but again, you didn't kill Fred either." Neville looked at her.

Sophie looked back meeting Neville's eye. 'I did kill him, Neville' she thought, only she never said.

"I am sorry, Sophie! What happened to Fred was most unfortunate. I know, it is no way near to me and Luna breaking up. It was the worst. On the other way, I don't know George have ever mentioned, but I guess he loves you. He never told me so, yet I can see it in him. Because I never saw him this devastated. And I know you feel for him the same. " he said. Sophie opened her mouth to say something, but Neville stopped her.

"No, I didn't ask you anything. So you don't have to tell me. The thing is, George might also get tired one day, if you really don't reach for him now. I knew Fred and George too well, Sophie. Fred wasn't someone who let anyone lock themselves up. He didn't let me, nor anyone else. It was annoying, but he didn't give up on us. And wouldn't it be bad on his memory, if you locked yourself up for him? I know it is harsh way to say, and I am really sorry about it. But I don't want anyone to talk bad about his death, Fred never deserve that. I know more than any of us, you don't want it"

Sophie stared at Neville, as she fought back the tears. Neville patted her shoulders. It took her couple of minutes and a long breath before she talked.

"Neville, you met me after ages, and we were never close in school days. What made you think I am still thinking about Fred? I don't know if it is coincidence, but I guess even Minerva suspects that." She asked.

"Oh, it is just your type."

"My type? What is my type?"

"You know, your kind of people. Why, you have it written all over right here" he said with laugh as he touched her forehead." The type, that carries those things till the end of the world, but never tells anyone. It is we poor people who have to learn it. Not sure? Look at the mirror or even at George." Said so, Neville left her waving, "See you at dinner!"

'What did he mean even?' she thought looking at Neville walking towards the castle.

Sophie didn't know how long she was there since Neville left. She retrieved her dad's letter she got few weeks back.

Hello my little princess,

I was so happy to receive your letter, but it looked like my little girl is having hard time. Now that I think about it, my girl always had to face hard times alone. I am quite ashamed I couldn't be a good father.My little girl, yes, though you are thirty now you'll always be my baby girl. You gave me the happiest moment to my life and I am always thankful for that. You and Glinda might be witches, but to me you were my best magic

Listen princess, I always loved your mum, and I still love her. It doesn't mean I cannot love Helena. No darling, your mum will be in a very special place of my heart, yet Helena is also special to me, and I don't feel guilty to love her. Helena knew I loved Glinda so much, and I was so upset about her loss. Yet she never pushed me, or it never matter to her that I loved Glinda. She welcomed me with her whole heart and gave me time to recover myself. That's why I loved her. And I was so lucky not to lose her.

As of Fred, I am sure he loved you from all his heart, when he was there. And I know my girl loved him too. But it has been 10 years, my little princess was so brave to keep him in your heart and face the world alone. But, you are not doing right to George. I am sorry honey, but you have to think about him too. Don't you think it was difficult for him all this time to wait for you. You might say he wasn't waiting for you, but what would such a handsome young man doing all these years if he didn't bear you in his mind all the time? Trust me love, you both had enough time waiting. I am not rushing you, my girl can take as much as you want, but think about George as well. He might not deserve this.

Write to me, love. I feel so happy to read your letters. Dad always loves you! Helena, Jake and Giselle sent their regards too. They want to see you soon.

Love,

Dad.

p.s- These owls are really smart, I gave it a biscuit, hope it is alright.

She sighed and pocketed it back once she folded it carefully. 'Is it possible George would be there at Hogsmeade today? At this hour?'. Her old watch read 4.35pm. She stood up suddenly and walked briskly to castle. She put on her travelling cloak and started back towards Hogsmeade. 'I must have totally lost it. Completely gone mad!' she swore to herself as her steps quicken with the slow nightfall.

When she got to the shop, she was pantingheavily. "George! Is George here?" she asked just as opened the door.