Chapter 20

Few days from trip to Shrieking Shack with three Slytherins, George Weasley slipped on couch in Gryffindor common room next to Angelina Johnson and Alicia. Now that Oliver Wood was graduated, Angelina was appointed as new Gryffindor captain.

"Yo ma lil brother, ready for the game?" Fred asked Ron who sat in the other end of the common room with Hermione and Harry. Ron groaned.
Fred seemed to be extra cheery these days, George noticed.

"I really hope he do well in the game, Fred" Angelina said looking sideways at Ron.

"Well,can't guarantee. But he is a Weasley, he knows what to do. It's in our blood." Fred said joining the crowded couch almost sitting on Alicia's lap. Alicia pushed him away and made space for Fred to squeeze in.

"He's just nervous. But he is good, Angelina. Of course you are not going to tell him we said that" said George.

"Now that Dumbledore's gone, I really want to win this game. Those Slytherins have that Umbridge woman on their palm. We can't lose to them." Angelina said determined.

"Don't you fret, love. We'll teach that wench and Slytherins a lesson" said Fred.

"Is it really alright for you to teach Slytherins lessons, Freddie?" Lee send away a first year from his chair and jumped onto it.

"What do you mean?" Alicia asked.

"Fred has strings attached to certain Slytherins!" Lee cracked a laugh.

"No worries, mate. I'd love to teach lessons to Slytherins" Fred joked back as he winked at George.

The game did not end as it planned. Instead Fred, George and Harry ended up with lifetime ban from Quidditch in school, because of the raw took place after the match. Their broomsticks have being seized by now headmistress, Umbridge, leaving them no choice at all.

Fred went to see Sophie, so George decided to sat on the benches and watch Gryffindor quidditch tryouts for new beaters and a seeker. Ginny, his sister, did fabulous and George wondered how she got that good when she hardly ride broomsticks at home.

"Can I sit here, Weasley?"

"A familiar voice called him from behind, George found Sophie Dixon next to him.

"Yes, sure. I thought Fred was with you" George said amused.

"He was. Then he went to help Angelina, for tryouts" said Sophie as she sat a foot away from George. George straightened up.

"You alright, George ?" Deep dark eyes looked at George.

"Of course, Dixon! I am over the moon" George said sarcastically.

"I know. What happened at the match wasn't right" Sophie looked back at the pitch.

"Atleast one of you know" George said bitterly.

"I know you both are angry. Quidditch meant so much to you. But it is just a matter of an year, George. Don't act like you gave up on everything."

"No. Not at all. We didn't give up that old bat had good time"

"Umbridge?" She laughed.

George watched frozen at the way girl laughed. He wished he doesn't lose his mind. He broke his stare before she saw him watching.

"She's little too much" Sophie said. "Even Natalie thinks its unfair" she added hastily as glancing over George.

"Little? You seemed to have a different meaning for words than us"

"Sophie smiled. George felt his heart skipped a beat. 'Probably it is not good idea to be here much longer' George thought.

"If you are worried about Fred, you better talk to him, Sophie." George stood up from his seat without looking at her.