Chapter 11

The school was noisier than last year due to the Triwizard tournament which going to held in Hogwarts. Sophie didn't have a day without hearing someone mention about it. Though it sounded much interesting to anyone in that school, Sophie Dixon found the tournament way boring. She never wanted any kind of competition in her life, yet made sure she never fail, if she accidentally get involved in one.

She was listening to Professor Snape, as he carried on with his lecture, throwing piercing glances at anyone who did not pay attention, mostly anyone other than Slytherins. Sophie felt a note landed on her desk. She opened the note as Natalie who sat next to her peeped over shoulder to see it.

Upto a drink this Sunday?
-F-
Sophie turned to look at Weasley twins. They both grinned to which she rolled her eyes.
Another note slipped in.

Did you eat boogie flavoured Every-flavour-bean today? Your face look like so.

Sophie felt her ears turn hot with anger. She turned around and glared at the twins again. Twins nudged and laughed at eachother to see the girl turn darker in fury. She whispered to Natalie, "I am going to kill them"

"Ms. Dixon" Professor Snape, standing infront of her called. "May I know what are those papers?" His eyes on two notes on Sophie's table.

"My notes, Professor" she lied. Sophie felt both Natalie and her ownself looking at her surprised. 'I didn't have to lie. What's wrong with me?' She mentally knocked her own head.

Prof.Snape glared at her before returning to his teaching. Sophie felt he didn't buy what she said at all.

'That's right. For those two, everything is a joke. And THAT was a joke Fred Weasley decided to play on me' Sophie trembled despite the warmth of torches in Dungeon. 'This time Weasleys went too far with their prank' she decided.

"Thanks Dixon, you saved our neck from Snape" Twins joined Natalie and Sophie as they left the class.

"Though you have eaten the boogie flavoured bean today" Fred said.

"There is nothing called Boogie flavoured beans" Natalie protested.

"There is, I have tasted once. Much salty than expected, but can I get you one if you are interested" George said to Natalie.

"Ewww gross Weasley, shut up. I might throw up" Natalie said disgusted.

"Now that I think about it Fred, there should be vomit flavoured one as well." George talked to his brother over girls' heads.

"Probably, since it is Every-flavour. But we can make some if you are really after them, Natalie. Know you always want to have taste of us" Fred said and winked.

"Disgusting!" Natalie ran away from the group.
Sophie who remained silent till now tried to follow her friend, but two very tall guys caught her by arm.

"Let it go" Sophie told Fred and George fiercely.

"Not yet Dixon, not until you tell us what is it" saying that they pushed the girl to nearby bench and sat beside her.

"This is totally absurd. What do you want to know now?"

"We want to know what you are. What makes you act so strange? What do you mean not to act reckless?" Fred asked.

"Do you think I would say anything just because you two made me sit forcibly and ask?" Sophie absently pushed her hair covering her eyes.

"Fiesty!" Twins shouted happily.

Sophie Dixon couldn't take it anymore. She got up from the bench and looked at the twins.
"You two think it is very manly of you to make fun of people, don't you? Making people embarrassed and sniggering behind? I don't think anyone would ready to stand it. Well jokes on you, Weasley, I would never stand this." Twins gulped astonishingly.

"But we never made fun of you" George said confused.
Sophie snatched her bag and walked away.
"Dixon, that was never a joke!" Fred shouted behind the girl.

Easter came and went just before the students in Hogwarts realised it. Sophie avoided twins best as she could and twins came up with pranks and tricks best as they could. 'Those two never listen' she knew. In opposite, they have become quite popular in school day by day with their upgraded and adavanced prank products. Teachers found themselves struggling to control the mischievous two while 'the two' have started business in the school to supply prank items to whoever in need. They had been the main contributors to points reduction in Gryffindor. Sophie wondered why they were never expelled, though she never wanted it to happen. Sophie's cold looks hardly ever able to change Weasley twins' warm smiles whenever they see her, made it too confusing for her to understand them. As her anger subsided with time she found herself looking forward to what they do. 'They must be really insane, to still treating anyone so well, though those people act cold towards them.' She decided.

Triwizard tournament was just around the corner as representatives from two other schools came to Hogwarts. Lucia told Sophie the rumor that twins have tried to enter the competition but failed due to goblet of fire was more protected with spells and charms, though twins tricked the age line around it.
"They are the ones I would hate, but they made me laugh lot that confuse me what to do" Lucia said once she finished explaining what has happened.

"Tell me about it" Sophie shook her head.

Few days to the Yule Ball which happens parallel to Tournament, Lucia, Sophie and Natalie sat on stone steps to one of the stadiums. Lucia and Natalie excitedly talked about what they going to wear for Ball, while Sophie yet bored, listened to friends' talk. Though both her friends asked by their dates to go to Ball, Sophie refused the only guy she was asked, Noah Grimshaw, a Slytherin from her same class. However Sophie was sure, Terence would never ask her as he did not talk to her since their raw. The best as it is, she hated to go to dance.

"Hey" the three girls looked up blanked at the young man who just walked to them and called. He is definitely from Durmstrang Institute, judging from his very short haircut and muscular built.

"Hi" girls said.

"I am Jadis. Calum Jadis from Durmstrang. I  'eard you are Sopie?" He asked.

"Y-yes, I am Sophie Dixon, this is Lucia and Natalie" Sophie introduced themselves.
Calum nodded to Lucia and Natalie.

"I vonder, if you mind comin' to ball vith me, may be?" Calum flashed a smile that girls went numb.

Sophie almost jumped as her friends nudged her from both sides. No matter how good looking this Jadis guy is, Sophie thought she would say no and stay in her room than joining a stupid Ball. When she was about to open her mouth, she saw two redheads from corner of her eyes. It was Weasley twins, their red, rather long hairs flashing through the crowd, watching her and Calum.

"I would love to" She replied as she changed her mind.
"Grreat! See you around then" Calum smiled and left.

"Merlin, Soph he is so good looking!" Natalie and Lucia screamed.

"I was scared you might say no" Lucia said.
Sophie smiled at her friends and looked at the twins, who watched her and disappeared to the crowd. 'Are you surprised, Weasley ?' Sophie thought as her lips twitched to another grin.

"What have I done? " Slytherin girl wailed to her pillow once more.
"Oh just shut it, Soph, what's wrong with that?" Lucia said.

"What's wrong? You may have not noticed, but I just signed my own deathwill. I mean,  what was wrong with me? How can I say yes to some stupid dance?" Sophie said bewildered.

"First of all, that is not some stupid dance, Second of all, that is Yule Ball! Do you know how exciting that is and probably may never happen in Hogwarts history ever again?? And Sophie Dixon you will learn to dance and you will go to that Ball. Trust me,girl, you will love it. Especially that handsome yummy Calum" Natalie said and sniggered with Lucia.

"Now stop this act and pick a dress. I am so happy all three of us going to Ball" Lucia said merrily.
Sophie cannot believe her friends. Is she still late to say no? She scratched back of her head.