Chapter 16

The armchair closest to the fire in cold Slytherin common room felt much comfortable, as Sophie felt lucky to get that one before anyone. She was reading the book as she felt she was being watched carefully. She looked up from the book and found Terence, Lucia's cousin.

"Enjoying your days, Dixon?" He slipped to an armchair next to hers. Sophie wished he leave her alone.

"What do you mean, Terence?" Sophie asked indignantly.

"I just asked if you are having fun dating one of those idiots? Never thought your standards are this low." Terence shrugged.

"For your information, Higgs, I don't date anyone and even if I do, it is clearly not your place to worry whome I do. It is funny how you call others idiots when it is so obvious that of all people in this school granted with brains except you" Sophie hissed.

"Well, I don't want my cousin to get rotten by people like you" Terence said.

"Then why don't you go ahead and try saying that infront of Lucia?"

Terence casted her furious look. He got up from his seat, walked upto her and leaned closer to whisper in her ear. "If it is not me, it definitely can't be those bloody Weasleys. Try me and see, I won't let them alive" and he left.

Sophie felt herself trembling with fury, but nothing came out of her mouth.

"Sophie, did Terence say anything to you just now? I saw him talking to you and left. Tell me if he said anything bad, I swear I hex him" Lucia came and touched her arm.

Sophie looked up at her friend and shook her head. Lucia looked suspiciously at her black haired friend and direction where her cousin disappeared.

"Oh no, it's Divination next. Why do we have to take these subjects that don't make any sense?" Natalie wailed as she poked potatoes with her fork on their lunch time.

"Tell me about it. I can't think of anything that can kill me anymore. Running out of my chances in death" Lucia sighed.

Sophie felt her head throbbing. She did not discuss about her arguement with Terence to her friends and that made her head so heavy. She normally doesn't care about Terence's threats, but something in her mind told her that he meant it this time. His family is known for very old magical family with considerable history of dark magic. They were few of the ones who came to other side from Dark Lord's once he left as his power diminished. Terence is fool yet and arrogant one which would be a bad combination to turn any situation unnecessarily dirty.

Sophie sat on the benches in Quidditch pitch. The place itself looked different with some plants planted in rows and in different shapes. Sophie could see, Hagrid, the gamekeeper, busy pouring something to plants. These days, Sophie found it easier to read in Quidditch pitch than in library, as library has become so crowded with Durmstrang's Victor Krum coming there, making groups of girls following him all the way to it. Slytherin opened her book and started reading. Suddenly she heard giggling and weird sounds, few benches away to her right. A girl and a boy were snogging eachother feverishly, Sophie thought their lips were glued with some kind of binding charm. 'Eww.. Gross!' She thought she should move to some benches away, but before she could do that two people joined her bench.

"Feel like for a Quidditch game, Dixon? But don't have any this year" Fred beamed from his left.

"You alright, Dixon?" George asked sitting next to his brother.

Not knowing whome to answer first, Sophie nodded to both.

"You were amazing in Mad-eye's class yesterday, Dixon. I always find him are little intimidating" George said.