Chapter 24

'So our Georgie really grew up well' Sophie thought as she watched him sipping tea. She has forgotten how things would have changed for last 10 years. Now that he took off his winter jacket, the sweater seemed to tighten at his muscular arms and broaden chest. His jaws and cheekbones had sharpen, offering her sight of masculine feast to Sophie's eyes. The aroma her old friend, George Weasley has created in her tiny kitchen wasn't something she ever expected to enjoy. Not having felt a man's touch for 10 years properly have made her feel weird things, she thought. But she knew she never felt this way for last few years in the presence of anyother man. Embarrassed by her feelings she shook off any thoughts. 'I wonder Fred would grow into this if he never left' she sighed as she felt a knot in her stomach.

"Glad I found you back, Dixon. People try to avoid talking about Fred. I can't bring him upto mum, she always break into tears whenever I mention him. She says she couldn't tell him enough how much she loved him. Dad's alright, but he never talk about Fred, don't know what goes in his head. All the others try their best not to mention him at all. Charlie doesn't come home at all. I don't know Fi. It is like Fred never existed to everyone else." George said.
Sophie could see pain in his eye than ever before.

"George!" Sophie reached his hand across the table and squeezed it.
"They just don't want you to have a hard time. They think if they talk about Fred to you, you would be more sad. Remembering Fred is painful enough, to top of that seeing you sad, they really can't stand it" she said.

"But I want to talk about him. I mean what am I suppose to talk besides Fred. He was with me more than anyone of them! I am more than happy to talk about him, Sophie!" He cried.

"I know. But that's how they think, George" she replied.

"Yeah, you are right" he said calmly.

He glanced at her for a while. Sophie hoped he would not stare at her like that. That look confused her all the times, she wouldn't mind it earlier, but now, she found it difficult to ignore.

"Hey Dixon, why did you like Fred? I mean, I was the better looking one. Then why him?" George asked.

"Oh come on, Weasley. We all know Fred was the better looking one. You can't deny that. I mean I liked him. Doesn't that explain everything?" She said as a-matter-of-factly.

"Fred and I were identical twins, you rude Slytherin" said George and laughed.

"Then I wonder what made you think you could look better than Fred" Sophie joined his laughter.

" Same old Dixon" George said looking at her laughing.

Sophie dropped her gaze from George. That look again! She looked around trying to find something to talk about.

"Um... George, do you want to see my room?" But she immediately regretted what she said. 'Room? Seriously Sophie ? What would he think?'

George seemed to taken her by surprise, but to her worst nightmare, he nodded his head. "Yeah, sure.. I mean why not." He got into his feet.

'Are you barking crazy, you old nut? See your room? What got you there to show him, a friggin Hippogriff? Are you insane, you stupid dragondung? ' Sophie dragged herself down the stairs, closely followed by George, while she shouted at herself inside her head.

Sophie put hand on the doorknob and turned it. 'Oh God!' She totally forgot how her room looked like when she left half an hour earlier. She couldn't make the bed, books shattered on the bed, window seat, table and almost everything, few jumpers and t shirts on the chair.

"Um.. I forgot to tidy up the mess. Sorry, may be we just..." Sophie pointed back at the door to leave.

George shook his head, "Interesting!" He passed the threshold and closed the door behind him. Walked to the window and lifted the book, Enchanted charms. "Books, of course" he smiled at Sophie, who returned it back uncomfortably.