Chapter 7

Sophie woke up late, as she had no classes. Earlier in the morning, she heard her friends leave saying they would hang out with Adrian and Jacob. Lucia and Adrian started dating at the beginning of the year, and Sophie knew Jacob fancy Natalie. Sophie's friends wanted her to tag alone with them, but she refused saying she needs to sleep more. Since it was their fifth year at Hogwarts they have to do their OWLs this year, which seek lot of studying. Yet, Sophie decided to take a day's break hence got dressed and left to Hogsmead.

At Honeyduke's cell, Sophie noted few students from her school came for a drink or snack. She was sipping her Butterbeer alone, as two boys joined her from both her sides, "Good morning" they shouted.
"Oh no!" Sophie rested her head on her hands.
"Butterbeer, eh?" Asked Fred.
"What a wonderful way to start a day!" Said George.
"What are you two doing here?"  Sophie asked annoyed.
"Same as you"
"Freddie, want a drink? George got up from a seat.
"What? You are going to drink here with me?" Sophie asked George.
"Of course, why wouldn't we share a drink with our best friend?" George looked at her and shrugged.
"This is insane"
"Hey,hey Dixon, what is it?" Fred asked look into girl's dark eyes.
"What?"
"This" Fred touched the girl's wrinkled forehead beneath the black bangs."Why is it?"
"Nothing" Sophie looked at her Butterbeer on the table. "I don't fancy talking to you"
"But we do" a mischievous smile played on Fred's lips.
Sophie looked at the gingerhead boy next to her, sighed and looked away as she shook her head.
"Now Dixon, why are you hanging alone?" George joined them back with two Butterbeers and passed one to his brother.
"It is none of your business Weasely"
"There's nothing that is not our business" George rested his chin on one hand.
"Nothing" Fred added.
"Seriously, I am leaving" Sophie tried stand up soon pulled back to her seat by twins.
"Wait, let us finish our drinks"
"Now Fi, you should just relax"
"Fi?"
"Yes, we need a nickname to call our best friend"
"I am not. Seriously you should stop this 'best friend craze'" Sophie said crossly.
"I just tried to save time saying your name" Fred sipped his Butterbeer.
"Mate, do you think we should give her that thing so she could relax, may be?" George winked at Fred.
"Yes!" Fred took a red stripe of gum wrapped in a paper out of his pocket. "You will love it"
"No, I am not taking that thing" Sophie shook her head fast.
"Why not? It is Giggling Gum, It is really good, we both tried it" George said.
"Still no"
Fred turned to look around, and caught Neville Longbottom, 3rd year Griffindor, sitting in a corner, looking sad. "Hey, Neville, this way mate, just for a minute" Fref waved at the boy.
" Watch this" George whispered to Sophie's ear.
"What is it mate, you look so down" Fred asked the boy, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Nothing, I got to go Fred" Neville replied.
"Look here, that's alright mate, you just need to cheer up. Here, eat some sweets, there you go" Fred thrusted gum on boy's hand. The boy took the gum, unwrapped it and put the gum to his mouth while muttering Good byes to twins. While he leave, as he chewing into the gum, he started giggling, making funny sound from his throat.
"See, it's really cool" both turned to Sophie excitedly.
"You guys made that?" Sophie asked surprised to which twins nodded. "Still I don't need it"
"That is your loss then" Both the twins got up from their seats, "But next time you need it, you have to pay, few knuts for you" George smiled at the girl sitting.
"If you plan to follow us again, you may find us Zonko's" Fred winked at the girl and waved as they left the cell, to which Sophie rolled her eyes.
'I should leave now' Sophie thought as she grabbed her bag.
"Sophie" someone sat across Sophie.
"Terence, how are you doing?" Sophie greeted her friend's cousin.
"Great, you?"
"Amazing! Look Terence, sorry but I was about to head out." Sophie tried to stand up, but Terence caught her hand.
"Can't you stay for a drink?" He asked eargerly.
"I am sorry, but I just had one"
"But you never say no to stupid Griffindors" Terence said little annoyed.
"Pardon?" Sophie stiffened.
"Weasleys. I just saw you with twins now. You have a quite a good friendship there" the Slytherin boy said looking crossed.
"Look Higgs, you are not my cousin, and I don't think it is your place to suggest me whome to hang out with" Sophie hissed as she gave him a hard look before she left him alone.

That evening she went to owlery, and found her Ripley, dozing off. "Hey Ripley" She whispered as she stroked its head gently. The owl opened its eyes and looked at the girl.Sophie gave few owl treats to Ripley and some more to the owl sitting next to it. Then she gently tied a lettet to Ripley's leg, and whispered, "To dad, Gregory Dixon". The owl hooted before took its flight to sky.

Sophie's father is a muggle,who got married to Glinda Avery, who happened to be a witch. Glinda's mother who was also a witch, didn't like the idea that her daughter marrying a muggle. However when Glinda decided to leave her parents, they thought it was time to disowned their own child, for the disgrace she bought to the pure blood line.
Sophie's grandmother didn't want to see her even when she learned Glinda gave birth to a girl. She only accepted her granddaughter when she found she is also a witch. When Glinda died from an accident, which later Sophie found out nothing close to accident, Sophie's grandmother took little Sophie to keep under her protection, instead of all objections from Sophie's father. Knowing his daughter is also a witch, Gregory Dixon allowed his daughter to stay with his mother-in-law. After sometimes, Gregory remarried a muggle lady, yet little Sophie understood her father's consequences. Now, her father and her stepmother got two children, Jake and Giselle, whome Sophie lovwd very much. But none of them except Gregory, knew that both Sophie and Glinda were witches.

It was her grandmother suggested that Sophie should be selected to Slytherin as her mother and many of her family from that house. "Darling, if you only selected to Slytherin, you can live freely in school, even in this state, as this half-blood" Sophie's grandmother told her before she left for Hogwarts first time, and she almost spat at the word 'Half-blood' as if it was some deformity of Sophie. So she decided, 'she, Sophie Dixon, will be a Slytherin, no matter what'. She wrote to her father, every now and then, and Gregory was more than happy to receive letters from his daughter. Of course Sophie's grandmother didn't know about the correspondence between them.