Chapter 31

"Stop it. Everyone STOP IT!"

Fred, George, Tonks and Sophie stopped their fight as they were taken back by Remus' shouting. The living room was a mess from broken china sets, pillows and books all over the place. Fred wiped his face from the back of his sleeve and George kept aside a pillow he was holding. Sophie returned a jug of water she enchanted from the table to throw on Fred.Tonks got down from the couch she was standing and walked towards her husband.

"What is it, Remus?"

"It's a call. Harry has come to Hogwarts. So will Voldemort. Fred, George, we should go now." Remus said wearing his travelling cloak.

"What? Remus,I am coming with you!" Tonks said.

"So am I!" said Sophie.

"No Tonks. You and Sophie need to stay here. Don't argue Tonks. I promise I'll call you both if we need more hand. You have to take care of Teddy" Remus said and walked to Tonks. He kissed her forehead and dashed towards the door.

"Fred, tell Remus that I'm coming with you, George, please! I want to come. I want to fight. They kill my mum! " Sophie pleaded.

"Sophie, listen. You heard Remus. It is better you stay here for now. Just for now, Trust me! We'll call you. But first we'll go and check what's happening there. And then we'll call you. Remember what I promised earlier? So stay for now. I'll see you soon" said Fred trying to convince her.

"Boys, hurry!" Remus called from outside.

"Got to go" George said as he and Fred walked towards the door.

"Be careful. All of you!" Tonks called them from behind.

Fred stopped on his heels and turned to look at Sophie. But Sophie wore a long face, still upset about not being able to go. He walked back to Sophie and kissed her lips. As they broke apart, he looked at her dark glittering eyes.

"Did I ever mention that I love you?" he said.

Sophie shook her head.

"Well, I do. I truly, madly love you, Dixon" Fred smiled.

"Fred!" she smiled.

Then he left.

It has been an hour or more since they left, three women, Andromeda, Sophie and Tonks waited at their kitchen.

"I can't do this anymore!" Tonks said, getting up from her chair.

"What?" Both Andromeda and Sophie asked.

"They haven't sent their word yet. I am going to see what is happening" Tonks said impatiently.

"Dora, Remus said not to go until he sends the word!" Andromeda said sternly.

"May be he forgot, mum. Anyways I can't stay. I am going to see my husband" She walked briskly towards door.

"Tonks, wait! I am coming with you " Sophie jumped onto her feet and followed Tonks.

Tonks stopped and looked at Sophie. She then took Sophie's hands and pleaded.

"Sophie, I need your help. Please take care of Teddy and mum until you are sure they are safe."

"But Tonks.."

"Listen Sophie, I always felt you like my sister. That's why I am trusting my child and mum on you. Please, Sophie! Do me this favour for one last time. I beg you" Tonks pleaded.

Sophie thought for a while and said "Alright. Don't worry about them. But Tonks, please be careful!"

Tonks nodded and hugged Sophie tightly before she took her leave.

"Sophie, you should go to your room, Darling. Take some rest" Sophie woke up to Andromeda's soft voice.

"Did they come?" Sophie wiped off drools from back of her hand and looked around.

"No, not yet. They should be here any sooner. Teddy might need Dora soon" said Andromeda.

It has been already next day morning, but no one returned yet. Andromeda and Sophie had no idea what happened or happening at Hogwarts.

They heard a loud crack from the backyard. "That must be them." Both of them walked fast to the door. Four people entered the room. It was Arthur, Molly and George Weasley and Kingsley Shacklebolt.

"Arthur, it's you! I was starting to worry. Where are Remus and Dora?"

Arthur Weasley looked at his toes, his hands deep in his pockets. Other three remain silent. Molly sniffed.

" Why? Why aren't you talking? Molly? Kingsley? Where are they? What happened to my Dora? What happened to my daughter?" Andromeda almost fell to ground crying hard, but before that Sophie supported her to a chair nearby.

Molly Weasley rushed to old lady and held her from other side. "Oh, Andromeda! I am sorry"

Sophie couldn't believe her ears. 'How is it possible they both die?' Arthur and Kingsley explained what happened last night at Hogwarts. "Many people died, Andromeda. And we couldn't save them. Not Remus or Tonks either." Kingsley said in sad low voice.

"My Dora!" Andromeda wailed. Molly, who was crying beside Andromeda said, "I know, I lost my child too" and she cried harder to her hands.

Sophie took that by surprised. She looked at Molly, Arthur and then at George. George was just stood near the window, staring outside. Sophie couldn't see his face well. She stood up from where she was kneeling beside Andromeda and walked towards George.

"George, why didn't Fred come?" she asked trying her best not to show she's disturbed. George didn't look or turned to her. He just stood in his same posture.

Sophie grabbed his arm and pulled hard to turn him facing her.

"Where's Fred? Tell me now!" She said angrily looking George in the eye. But George didn't reply. He stared at Sophie expressionlessly.

"George, where the hell is Fred? Why isn't he here? TELL ME, DAMN IT!"

Arthur, Kingsley and Molly, surprised by Sophie's raised voice looked at the young couple. Then Molly cried louder, clinging to Andromeda.

"He's gone." George replied and studied her face. "He's gone, Sophie"

"W-What?" she asked trembling. 'May be she heard him wrong'. "You are kidding, George. You are kidding! He t-talked you to this, didn't he? Y-you are just pulling my leg. I tell you, this is a bad joke. Tell him this is the worst joke he ever came up with. Call him, George! Tell him, he can't fool me this time." Sophie held both of George's hands and pleaded him.

"I wish. I wish it was a joke, Sophie!" George said silently as two drops of tears emerged from his eyes.

"B-but that's... that's not p-possible. H-he can't.. H-he is j-just young.." Sophie mumbled as fat tears rolled down burning her cheeks. She tried to sit on the floor. But George lifted her up and pulled her to an embrace. Sophie cried onto his chest.