II. FOREIGN COUSINS

II. FOREIGN COUSINS
__________

The girl's breathing was uneven and loud as the lacrosse team trickled out of the shared locker room. She ripped off her helmet and gloves violently before falling against the shower walls. She distantly heard the room's door open and someone approaching through her ragged breaths

"Quinn. What were you thinking?" The older guy asked harshly. Quinn Hayes looked up, her eyes glowing yellow and fangs piercing her gum.
"I Thought, I thought I was fine, Peter! I thought I could control it!" She growled out before wincing as a jolt of pain went through her head. It was happening there and then, she was turning.

Peter Hale kneeled down in front the girl and put a hand on her shoulder, pushing her harshly against the wall. "Concentrate, focus! Even your breathing." He explained calmly, his gaze hard.
"I-I can't!" She exclaimed, her voice in a low, shaky growl.
"Yes, you can. So do it. Focus on one thing and say it with me." Peter began, "Alpha." He said.
"Alpha.." Quinn forced out.
"Beta." Peter said.
"Be- beta." Quinn calmed down a little, trying to slow down her breathing.
"Omega."
"Omega." She finished the mantra.

"Good. Again." Peter demanded before standing up and looking down at the struggling girl.
"Alpha... beta... o-omega. Alpha, beta, omega." Quinn calmed down before slumping against the shower floors and breathing deeply. She looked up at Peter, banging her head against the wall.

"I thought I told you not to play the game." He said, blue eyes scanning the girls face which was covered in small sweat drops.
"I know... but I couldn't, I couldn't just abandon my team. I'm the captain, Peter! I can't just skip a game!" She defended herself before standing up and facing Peter.

Peter sighed, "Look, Talia said to look out for you. So that's what I'm doing." He put a hand on Quinn's shoulder and squeezed slightly, the girl smiled a bit.
"Thanks, Peter. Knew there was a reason you were my favorite Hale." The two chuckled before Peter left the girl alone to her thoughts.

▢▢▢

"Come on, pick him up." Quinn commanded as Scott picked up young Derek, "I'm so done with today." She muttered as she followed the group of teenagers inside the animal clinic.

After driving almost the whole night, the group had finally arrived back in Beacon Hills. Quinn was desperately trying to push out the memories that were trying to surface. There was a reason she left the town. Why she left the country.
    Doctor Deaton, the local veterinarian, cleared the table and Scott laid Derek carefully on top. The doctor looked dumbfounded at the sight of teenage Derek.
    "Wow." He breathed out.

Quinn crossed her arms, standing back and letting the expert deal with all of this. She really just wanted to sleep. She was still a bit weak from the two times she had been injected with wolfsbane and also, lets not forget the fact she was a) electrocuted to unconsciousness and b) stabbed in the shoulder by some freaky bone-monster.

    "Wow?" Stiles began, looking at the vet, "Wow as in, 'I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do' kind of wow? 'Cause that's the kind of wow we were hoping for."
    Deaton shook his head skeptically. "I think you might be overestimating my abilities."

    Cautiously, Lydia took Derek's hand, "he's cold. Really cold." She said.
    "That might have something to do with the fact that he was in an Aztec temple buried underground for god knows how long. But nah, not sure." Quinn remarked stoically, glaring slightly at Derek. She honestly really hoped she'd never have to see his face again, especially his teenage face. God, she loathed him. Lydia gave Quinn a look before everyone went back to discussing Derek.