VII. UNWANTED FLASHBACKS

__________

After running into Chris Argent, Quinn decided to let him and Scott deal with the out of control Liam. She didn't trust herself to be anywhere in the same vicinity as any Argent, especially on a full moon. She wouldn't be any help if she lost control and ripped his throat out.
    But she was surprised to get a call from the sheriff. Apparently the guy who tried to kill Peter and herself was connected to the schools WiFi and Derek and him were going to check it out. Stilinski asked for her help. How anybody managed to do anything without Quinn before, was a mystery to her.

    "...that's not what I mean." She heard Derek say as she walked into the school, "I should've caught the scent before we walked in."
    Quinn frowned, smelling the air but quickly cringing as the scent of blood hit her in the face. The woman stood behind the two men and crossed her arms. "Oh no, is Derek Hale having performance issues?" She taunted.
    The two men turned around quickly. Derek glared at Quinn, but the woman could see that he had no idea why he couldn't smell the blood. She frowned.

    "Jesus, Quinn..." Stilinski muttered, holding a hand to his chest. But he quickly took a small step back. "Your eyes, Quinn." He said. Derek turnen to the woman and saw that her eyes were glowing. Quinn frowned as a thought entered her mind. The last time she was in this hallway at night... she shuddered at the thought.

    "Can you just put your book down for one second?" Quinn pleaded as she and Paige sat at a picknick table outside of the local high school. "Math isn't even that interesting."
    "You say that 'cause your good at everything. Including math." Paige looked at her best friend before putting a chip in her mouth and continuing to try and understand the subject. Quinn let out a frustrated huff.
    "Fine. I'm out of here, you're boring." She stood up and flattened her maroon crop top and put on her ripped denim jacket before stomping over to the table not far away and harshly sitting down next to a man with bright blue eyes. In front of her sit her very own archenemy, Derek Hale.

    "You are staring at her, and it's getting creepy. Also, Peter," She turned to the man sitting next to her, "You are not allowed to be on school grounds. I will call security on you." Quinn teased before turning back to Derek and glaring daggers at him, "I don't approve of you and Paige. Honestly, I think she can do much better— wait no, I know she can do much better than some grade A asshole. But I'm telling you this," She leaned closer as Derek glared back, "Hurt her, and I will not hesitate to give the Argents a call." She smiled venomously before standing up.
    "Bye Peter." She smiled kindly at him before strutting into the school.

Quinn quickly shook the memory out of her mind and her eyes turned back to their normal dark brown colour. The full moon was messing with her head. She looked up to see Derek staring at her. "I'm fine." She waved it off and went to follow Stilinski.

    Derek turned to the door. Quinn did the same, sensing that there was something wrong. Derek went to turn the handle but the woman quickly grabbed his wrist, harshly pulling it away. He looked at her. "We don't know what could be behind that door." She explained.

Stilinski shone his flashlight through the small window and opened the door less than an inch, flinching as there was a wire attached to the other side, leading to an explosive.
    "It's an explosive, a claymore." Derek observed.
    "I mean, I would tell you I told you so. But we both know I'm always right, and you're always wrong, so..." Quinn smirked as Derek turned around to face her, leaving only a small space between them. He glared heavily at a victorious looking Quinn. Suddenly he frowned and looked over the woman's shoulder, Quinn followed his gaze.