X. DEATH BY POISON

X. DEATH BY POISON
__________

The first thing Quinn noticed when she woke up was the coldness of the metal table on her skin. Slowly, her eyes fluttered open.
"Hey, I think she's waking up." A voice said. The people in the room quickly gathered around the table Quinn was lying on. She opened her eyes and was met with the faces of Deaton, Derek and Peter.
"What the hell?" Quinn muttered confused and quickly sat up but as soon as she did, a wave of nausea flew over her and she grabbed her head, groaning. She looked up at the worried face of Deaton, the stoic face of Peter (even though she knew he was at least a little bit worried) and the unreadable face of Derek.

"What happened?" She asked, recalling last night. 'Scrimmage gone horribly bad.' Was the only thing that stood out in her mind.
"You got stabbed by a rare form of wolfsbane. Brett too." Deaton said.
That's when Quinn noticed the unconscious boy on a table next to her.
"I had to make an incision to get the poison out."
Quinn put a hand on her chest.
"You had us worried there for a moment, Quinn." Deaton put his arm on her shoulder, showing that he was glad that she didn't die.
"You should know by now, I don't go down that easily." She smiled half-heartedly and stood up.

"Here." Peter said as he three her a shirt, seeing as she was only in her sports bra.
Quinn shot him a thankful look as she pulled the shirt over her head. "What's the time?" She asked before taking out her phone and looking at the time herself. "Shit! I promised Coach I'd come in early today." She exclaimed and took her jacket, heading for the exit.
"I don't think that's a good idea, Quinn. You should rest for a while. You almost died, again." Deaton said.
Quinn looked at him, pursing her lips, "I'm fine, dr. D."
"Yes, say that to your shaking hands." Peter pointed out with a smirk.
Quinn glared at him, clenching her fists. "I'm fine." She insisted and stomped out the door, leaving no room for argument.

"Derek, you do it." Peter said and motioned for Derek to follow the stubborn woman. Derek glared at him but Peter smiled innocently. He groaned and followed the Quinn out the door.
"Quinn, wait."
Quinn sighed and turned around. "Seriously? They send you? Look, I'm not gonna go home, if that's what you're gonna say."
"I wasn't gonna say that." Derek said and Quinn raised an eyebrow. "I- I need your help." He forced out, wincing as Quinn let out a laugh.
"Oh, that's great! Tell me, please, what is it 'the great Derek Hale' needs my help for?"
Derek held up a green lacrosse jersey. "This is Brett's. I need to find his pack and warn them about the dead pool."

Quinn quickly caught up. "And you need my help to track them down, because you're losing your powers. This is wonderful." She smiled gleefully and clapped her hands. "Well, lets go then." She said and took the jersey from his hands, throwing it over her shoulder. She gave Derek an amused smile before walking to his car.
"That's it? You're just gonna help?" He asked with slight suspicion.
Quinn chuckled as she leaned against his car. "Well, yeah. Someone should warn the pack. And this gives me the perfect opportunity to torment you."
Derek rolled his eyes but steps into the car.
Quinn followed suit and quickly sniffed the jersey. "Got the scent. Take this turn."
He turned the engine on and began driving.

"Their Alpha is a woman called Satomi." Derek said as the two stepped out of the car. The car ride had been silent for most of the time. They only spoke when they fought over the radio station.
("Derek, your music taste sucks, just like every other aspect of your life."
"Oh, sorry, I didn't realize that having a good taste in music was a crime."
"Your existence is a crime on it's own."
"Quinn, I'm not listening to—"
"Who is the one with the actual ability to track the werewolf pack? Yeah, that's right. Me.")
Eventually Quinn won.