XIV. GUN SAFETY

XIV. GUN SAFETY
__________

Quinn, changed into a new and clean outfit, had bandaged her still bleeding and above all, painful wound tightly. She walks up to the school after hours to get her bag that she left there earlier that week, only to see Malia walk out of the Hale vault.

"Malia?" She calls out, wincing slightly as she walks up to her. "What're you doing here?"

Malia frowns and points behind her where the vault is closing up.

"Right. I keep forgetting about Peter being your da— and I'll shut up now." She cuts herself off as she sees the look Malia gives her. Quinn hesitates for a moment before beginning to walk, "Walk with me."

"What?" Malia asks.

"Just come." As they begin walking to the coach's office, where Quinn has her own little sub-office, Quinn begins talking, "You know, Peter isn't evil incarnate."

"Didn't he murder a bunch of people?" Malia questions.

"Well... yeah. But he wasn't always like that. Just imagine this: you're entire family dies at once, in a fire that you were also in, causing you to be in a coma for six, slow years. Wouldn't we all go a little crazy?"

"I guess so. But it wouldn't make me want to murder people." Malia argues.

"Oh no, that's all Peter. But the old Peter, the Peter that was my best friend was a little different." Quinn smiles as she opens the door to her office, going through a bunch of papers that she stored here until she found a place for it in her new apartment. "Ha! Look." She hands Malia a picture.

On it was Peter, trying to keep Quinn from hurting Derek with a big grin on his face. "I think Laura took this picture a decade ago. A year before the fire... You see, no one is born evil. So, don't treat him like he was." Quinn smiles softly before walking away quickly.

As she's far enough away she picks up her pace and stumbles into the girls restroom, towards the sink as she spits up blood, the pain in her stomach getting worse. She lifts up her shirt, seeing blood already starting to stain through the bandages.

▢▢▢

Derek looks up from his book as he hears a faint knocking on the door of his loft. As he opens it, he sees Quinn leaning against the wall, he face pale and blood staining through her tanktop.

She looks up, "Well, you gonna help me or what?" Derek quickly wraps an arm around her waist as she wraps one around his neck. He helps her to the couch, immediately taking out first aid supplies.

"What the hell happened, Quinn?" He asks, kneeling down and lifting her shirt seeing the blood soaked bandages. He quickly cuts them and throws them on the table behind them.

Quinn tries to sit up, but quickly discards the idea as she feels a sharp pain. "I- I got stabbed by a berserker. I think a piece of bone is still inside the wound." She groans.

"You know, you could've gone to literally anyone else." Derek accuses as he tries to get the bleeding to stop, "Quinn- I swear, if you don't stop moving."

"Yeah, well, they're all probably busy. And they're kids, they're already dealing with way too much. Besides, you never have something to do. Thought I'd spice up your day." She jokes.