XII. QUARANTINED, PART 2

__________

"Is she dying?"
"She looks horrible."
"Why are you guys fine and she isn't?"
Malia, Kira and Stiles all asked simultaneously as they stood over Scott, who was hunched over his cousin's unconscious body.
"I-I-i i don't know... She must've been infected sooner than us..." Scott stuttered as his hands hovered shakily over Quinn's body, not sure what to do. He didn't have to do anything though, as Quinn lunged up abruptly and broke out into a coughing fit. The woman leaned on her hands as she hunched over. When she was finally done, she crawled towards one of the pillars with her claws scraping the stone floor. She sat up, leaning her back against the cooling stone. Quinn blew her hair out of her face and looked at the four teenagers in front of her, out of breath.

"Well, are you guys just going to look at me like I almost died or are you gonna sit down?" She said weakly, though still coming over strong. It was one of her talents. Scott let out a sigh of relief as he and the rest spread out across the room. Malia's head laid on Stiles' lap, Scott and Kira leaned against each other, looking for comfort while Quinn rested her head against the pillar, exhausted by the earlier events and the murderous virus currently destroying her from the inside out. She remembered the first time she was in this basement.
Her dad and Thalia Hale had taken the entire day to try and explain what was happening to her, and then they took her here. They gave her a means of control, the triskelion, before she found her anchor. It was the day her entire life flipped upside down.

Quinn felt something itching on her chin. She pulled the back of her hand across it and looked at it. Cringing slightly in disgust at the black blood smeared across her hand, she took out a napkin out of her front pocket and quickly dapped the gross black blood from her face, leaving, Quinn guessed, only a stain on her skin.
Kira slowly got up and began to walk around, stopping beside one of the storage shelfs. Quinn would've done the same if she weren't dying faster than the rest of them.

"You know, this is where it all started." Stiles spoke up after a while of silence. He gestured to the vault in the corner, "That's where the money was. 117 million in bearer bonds."
"You know that asshole didn't even tell me?" Quinn said as she kept her eyes closed, "That he was a millionaire. I would've asked for a Lamborghini ages ago." She smiled weakly.

"How do you even change bearer bonds into cash?" Kira questioned as she looked at a jar filled with something on the shelf.
"The bank, I guess. They just let it sit here the whole time collecting dust." Stiles answered, "You know bearer bonds are basically extinct?"
"Why does it matter?" Kira asked.
"You know how many problems that money could solve?" He said.
"For you?"
"Me. My dad... the Eichen House and MRI bills are crushing him." He sighed.
Quinn looked at him and she couldn't help but feel guilty. Her dad was a rather wealthy man and when he died, she inherited a large sum of that money, allowing her to life a good life without a well-paying job. And here were a father and son, struggling to come by after living through traumatizing events. It wasn't fair.

"Mom does this thing," Scott said, "She writes down all the items in our budget, and how much they cost, then she adds them all up and figures out how long we have until... We lose the house."
"I should probably tell you..." Quinn said as she faced Scott, "I'm, uh, moving out, into my own apartment, not far from the school. It's already under my name... I was planning on officially moving in this evening, but that's probably not going to happen, seeing as I'm dying." She finished with a dry chuckle.
"Quinn... why?" Scott asked quietly.
"You and Melissa are already struggling, you don't need the extra costs that come with me... I'm a burden to you guys. And I can manage living on my own. I've done it for six years.."
The group fell quiet, everyone lost in their own mind. Time passed excruciatingly slow as Quinn gradually started to feel worse.