VIII. THE TICKING TIME BOMB

 THE TICKING TIME BOMB

__________

"Scott, this is a horrible idea." Quinn deadpanned.
"What? No it's not." Scott turned to her, looking confused at the statement.

The two cousins were standing in the hallway just outside of the boys locker room and they just saw Liam walk in, meaning their plan was soon to be set in motion.

Quinn sighed before looking at Scott. "The plan itself is fine, it's just... why him?" She whined, pursing her lips.
Scott insisted they called Derek for help. Something about him being a former alpha and having way more experience on newly turned beta's. Quinn tried to convince Scott that she was experienced enough to deal with it herself, but he called Derek anyways.

Suddenly a growl came from within the locker room and the two quickly walked in.

"Liam." Scott said as he saw Derek holding Liam up by his throat against a row of lockers. Liam's eyes were glowing and his fangs were out. Apparently he wasn't the best at controlling his anger, surprisingly.
Liam's eyes stopped glowing as he turned his head to Scott and Quinn.
"You're right." Derek tilted his head, "He is angry." He said before dropping Liam to the ground.

The boy stood up straight and glared at Scott, breathing heavily. The older boy held up another lacrosse stick, "This one's yours." He said and passed it to Liam. Liam glanced at Quinn before the school bell rang loudly through the school.
"Get to class, Liam." Liam sighed, but walked away with his shoulders slumped.

Derek smirked discreetly in amusement as Quinn rolled her eyes, but not keeping the grin off her face. Scott looked at the both of them and frowned. "What are you two smiling about?" He asked in slight suspicion.
"You're gonna be good at this." Derek stated with a smile on his face as he looked at the younger boy. Scott's mouth fell open as he looked at his cousin incredulously.
"You are, Scotty. It's in your nature." Quinn shrugged nonchalantly.

"Are you kidding? I am totally unprepared." He turned to Derek as Quinn took a seat on the bench. "Remember how you said you could teach me a few things? I think, right now, I could use a full-on training manual." He said stressfully.
"I'll tell you one thing. That anger he's got? It'll make him strong." Derek said and Quinn found herself surprisingly agreeing.
"It's always the angry ones that are stronger."
"And more dangerous." Scott pointed out.
"Very." Derek and Quinn said at the same time before glaring at each other. Scott looked at them weirdly.

Scott let out a deep breath as he took a seat on the middle of the bench, next to Quinn. "This was supposed to be the semester I could focus on school again." Derek sighed and nodded, sitting on the other side of Scott. "But Kate's back. And I've got a Beta. And there's a dead pool." Scott summed up.
"If all our names are on that list, then that's what we should be focused on." Derek said.
Quinn looked at Scott in sympathy and put a hand on his back, patting it softly. "But that's doesn't mean you should abandon school," she gave Derek a pointed look, "We're gonna do our best to help you with Liam. And you have your entire pack backing you up." Quinn reassured him and Scott nodded, knowing that the woman was right.