XIII. HEART ATTACK

XIII. HEART ATTACK
__________

The floor just behind the door of Quinn's apartment creaked quietly. Both her and Derek perked up from being emerged in the tv-show. They glanced at each other and if reading each other's minds, they stood up. The two snuck to each side of the doorway, listening to the four heartbeats and catching the unfamiliar scents coming from behind the door. Quinn reached to the drawer next to her and pulled out a loaded .45.
The people behind the door weren't werewolves, so why bring claws to a gun fight?

Derek eyed the gun with an incredulous look and went to say something only for Quinn to flip the safety off, cock the gun and put a finger against her lips, signaling for him to shut up and follow her lead. She held the gun slightly pointed to the ground as she carefully turned the doorknob, opening the door. Gun first, she walked out. Quinn pointed the gun to the right side of the hallway and then to the left. Nothing. She turned to the right side again and suddenly her gun was taken out of her hand as she was thrown with down the hallway.
Hearing Quinn's grunts, Derek quickly stepped into the hallway, knocking out one of the assailants as the other three went for Quinn. The woman stood up and cracked her neck, letting her eyes glow as a low growl came from the back of her throat. One of the assailants charged for her but she quickly grabbed the front of his shirt and pushed him against the wall. He groaned as she slammed him against it again. Another one came up behind her but she slammed her elbow against his nose, immediately knocking him out.

Distantly she heard Derek taking care of the fourth assailant. And just as he knocked the guy out she let the one she's holding slide unconsciously down the wall. Both breathing heavily, Derek an Quinn looked at each other.
"Where the hell did you get a gun?" Derek asked, a bit worried she might use it on him.
Quinn shrugged casually, "I had a lot of free time in Mexico." She replied before calling Scott to fill him in on the recent events.

"—but why would four deputies attack you?" Scott asked over the phone.
"No idea. But I'm starting to think the Benefactor— a crap name if you ask me, is spreading the list to more than just a few top-notch assassins. I mean, these deputies ain't that good at anything, man. Honestly, you should tell Stilinski about this. Gotta update his crew." She replied.
Scott quietly thinks for a moment. "Okay, I have a plan." He said.
Quinn narrowed her eyes suspiciously. "To do what exactly?"
"To draw out the Benefactor." He said vaguely. "Lets just... go over it tomorrow." He hung up.

"What did he say?" Derek asked as he threw the last deputy in Quinn's car, getting ready to dump them in the forest.
"He says he has a plan." Quinn said, a concerned look on her face.
"But Scott's plans never work?" He stated the obvious.
"Yeah..." Quinn sighed and ran a hand across her face, "I know..."

▢▢▢

Quinn took a deep breath before pushing the door open and walking into the hospital's busy hallway, a plastic bag with take-out in it hanging from her hand. Across the hall she spotted Melissa and the two exchanged a glance full of anxiety.

This is a horrible plan. This is a horrible plan. This is a horrible plan. The sentence repeated itself in Quinn's mind as she reached Melissa and handed her the take-out.
"Hey aunt Mel. Here's your— er— food." She said awkwardly before lowering her voice. "You ready?"
Melissa scoffed and answered as her voice wavered, "Are you?"
At that moment Melissa got paged with what would be horrible and heartbreaking news if they didn't already know it would be happening.
Scott McCall is dead.

The two began running down the hallway and towards the room where Scott's... body lay. Melissa let out a blood-curdling scream and tears streamed down her cheeks as she fell to her knees. Quinn kneeled down next to her as she forced herself to cry, or at least make it seem that she was. It shouldn't be that hard, it wasn't hard for Melissa. That was for certain. The woman was crying her heart out, as she imagined her son really dying.