Prologue 1 Davina smith

Davina POV

Meaning of my name is beloved but nobody loves me in 20 years of my life. People close to me call me Dove.

My parents... They died when I am 5 months old baby.

My uncle Alex Smith who is the adopted brother of my dad took me under him since all my properties goes to him if he adopted me.

But my properties stay with him only if he took care of me until I am 18 years old. I don't know why I am still staying here. I am already 20.I am not allowed to stay out of the house. Maybe because they need a slave.

Yes I was treated like a slave in the household. I should do all the cleaning, cooking and laundry works.

He is married and has twin daughters who are savages. They never treated me properly.

His wife always orders me around. I was never given money for my needs so I have to do work in the evening after college.

I was never allowed to speak in the house. When i am in house you may think i am mute. If I speak I will be beaten. So I never dare to speak.

In college I am witty and talkative and I had lots of friends but my cousin's Ella and Mila Smith who is also my uncle's daughters were studying in the same college but in different department.

They spread some bad rumours about me like i am a murderer that I killed somebody so to stay away from me. Everybody knows that it is not true but they are the girlfriend's of powerful boys in the college, which makes them powerful girls in the college so they dare not to obey their words.

So now I have very few friends and i am very happy about that since i now know who is really my friend.

My closest friend is Emma Nelson. She is also my friend for two years in college. We are both doing bachelor degree in literature. We met in the first day of our college. We still have one year together in college. She doesn't know about my family or my problems. She doesn't even know that Ella and Mila are my cousins.

Emma got a boyfriend his name is Jacob Taylor. He is so sweet. He adores Emma very much. He also loves me like his little sister. He is always there for us whenever we are in trouble.

I on the other hand don't date not even had my first kiss. Emma tried match make me during several occasion but I never accepted her invite since I am afraid of my uncle's family but mainly because I don't have time and energy to date and I have my rule 'one life one love one marriage'  so I am determined to lose my innocence only to my husband. I have reserved my first kiss for him too.

I also have some doubts that if I have boyfriend I wouldn't end up with him since my uncle's family wouldn't allow it so I wouldn't like to take chances.

This is my life. I am always afraid of my family. The only time I can be myself is when i am around Emma and Jacob. They make feel like I am special and loved.

Even though the meaning of my name is beloved I am not at all loved by anybody except my friends.

Will somebody else love me?...