Chapter 9

Dove POV

I  was shocked to look at who is standing in front of me.

"Brother Jacob!?." I was shocked. He was also looking at me shocked.

He started laughing suddenly." Do you know lenn, I asked her that I will arrange a date with you. But she said that she is already married. How funny I thought of arranging date with her own husband." He was laughing like hell.

"What! Do you guys know each other" lenn asked us.

I don't know what to say " He is my best friend Emma's boyfriend and he is like a brother to me." I said to him.

"Yes brother she is like a little sister. I am happy that she is really my sister." Jacob said happily.

How did I not notice their last names are same. I am really dumb. I think to myself.

" So you both know each other, so let me introduce my sister Hadley  she is also studying in your college. I think you both too knows each other" he said,I was again shocked. One of my classmate is my sister in law.

"But Hady, we are keeping it a secret for some time so don't tell anybody ok" he said to her.

Hadley and me.... eventhough we are classmates we never talked with eachother. So I will get to know, another person in my class. I never know she is Jacob's sister. I don't think Emma knows too.

Me and Hadley shake hands awkwardly at first. After that Lenn, Jacob and dad started talking about business. So me and Hadley started talking random things. Soon we found that we have lots of common things.

We are all waiting for one more person to join. George Davis, he is Lenn's best friend. I can see Hadley was blushing when talking about him. I think she likes him.

When they were discussing about business. Lenn and Jacob went to our home to take some documents.

Mom asked Hadley to help her arrange the table for dinner. She ran towards kitchen. But she fell down and knocked a stand with vase.

So I offered to help her clean the vase. When I was cleaning, I saw someone entering the house. I thought it may be lenn and Jacob or it may be George. But I didn't expect this person to be my uncle Alex. I was shocked to see him.

" So you are here. I was searching in the next house but Lennan said you are not there. Then when I was returning back I saw you standing here cleaning the house so I thought of visiting you" he said with wicked smile. He is planning something I can say that with his attitude.

"Ok Davina pack everything we are going back home. Your time here is over. If you have to work here he has to pay me more. So get ready , quick " he said hurrying me.

My heart started beating fast. I feel paralyzed. Nothing is working in my body. When he saw me standing there not doing anything. He raised his hand to slap me. But a hand stopped it. I don't know who he is but he seemed familiar.

"Brother!#@" my uncle was beyond shocked. But how can a young man can be his brother. I was confused. Still I am in shock not able even breath.

"What?" The other person asked.

" You are George right. Oh... You are all grown!. You look exactly like my brother. I thought you were dead.......   So brother and sister already met and conspiring against me......ah..?" He asked angrily.

I don't understand what he is talking about. I don't remember having brother. Even the person George is confused at first then he looked at me wide eyed.

"Is she my sister" he asked still amazed.

"Anyway she is not related to you now. She is my property. I am taking her with me". He said dragging me towards the door.

Mom, dad, Hadley came out because of commotion. They saw me being dragged and came for my rescue. But my uncle took knife out of his pocket and threatened them.

But I was snatched out of his hand by Lennan. He hide me behind him protectively.

Jacob and George was standing protectively on both the sides.

"What are you doing here, I already told you to not come near her. You already gave her to me. Now what do you want" he asked him angrily.

"Give her to me. I gave her to you for money. Now the time i rented her is over or you have to pay me more money." He said without any conscience.

"First I never bought her from you, I rescued her from you. Second we signed a document stating that she is mine, there is no time limit mentioned. Third she is legally my wife, her name is not Davina smith but Davina Taylor. So you have no claim over her anymore." He said confidently.

"What you married her !#!#!" My uncle was shocked. He can't digest that news.

He was standing there for sometime in shock. Then he started twirling his knife in his hand. Nobody noticed. When nobody is seeing he aimed it towards lenn and throw it. It happened very fast. But I don't know where I get the strength but with full strength I pushed lenn aside to avoid the knife, but it entered my shoulder. My heart beat started increasing. There is a chance I may not make it.

Lennan was hugging me, everything is Chaos there. Lennan is carrying me towards the car outside. I can hear lots of sounds, people calling my name, asking him to hurry up.

But one voice is very clear " please don't leave me..... Dove..... please..... Don't....... Why is this happening to me..... Please dove... Stay with me.... I love you....I wanted to tell this a long time, I was waiting for you to finish your graduation also I wanted to give ourselves sometime to know each other. Please I wanted to take you to dates... I wanted to travel to various places for our honeymoon.... Please stay with me." He was sobbing. I tried to reply but can't....

We reached hospital they are doing all sorts of things to keep me awake. I know I can't last long. So gathering all my strength I said my last words "I love you too....... But sorry...I ...." With that everything went black.

Lenn's POV

When I went to search for the document, I saw Alex lingering near our home. I sent him off saying dove is not hear. But what I didn't expect is that he found her in my parents home.

When I went there my parents and George is trying to rescue her from Alex who is having knife in his hands. He didn't notice me so I took her from his hands and kept her protectively behind me. My friend and brother was standing protectively on both sides.

But when we were distracted he threw knife towards me but my dove pushed me aside and took the hit. She is severely injured. She is losing lots of blood. We are trying to keep her awake. But I don't know what comes to me, I confessed my feelings towards her. At the last moment when she fell unconscious she said she loves me too but she said sorry I don't know why.....

After that the doctors took her inside the casualty. We waited there for an hour for any news from the doctors. My mom is crying mess, my dad is consoling her. My brother he is little bit clear headed than us. I feel worthless for not protecting my love, my angel. But what I can't understand is my friend George, he is standing there looking like his world collapsed. I can see tears in his eyes. As I said earlier. We can never see him cry. Even I have seen him cry only three or four times.

We turned to the door since we heard the door open.

A nurse came outside hurriedly. She came straight to my father.

"She had cardiac arrest just now......" She said

We all panicked hearing the News. I almost fainted.... but my brother hold me before I fall....

Do you think she will be alright.....

Sorry to give you lots of shocks in one chpater