Chapter 16

Next three weeks are going fine. No disturbance from my cousins. It's the happiest weeks in my life. Caring husband, naughty brothers, playful friend, loving mom and dad.

I am the happiest person in the world. But tomorrow we are going to the hospital for check up.

I don't want to lose my baby. I can't live with the guilt that I killed my baby to save myself. So even if I am not healthy enough to carry my baby I'll make sure no one touches him.

That night I didn't sleep really well. My husband, he also was awake. But we didn't talk. We were in our own thoughts.

Actually eventhough he was nervous when he said to me that we are going to be parents. He was happy too. But simply because he doesn't want to loose me he wants to abort the baby. Why can't I be little bit useful. Why can't I be strong. I am making all their peaceful life into roller coaster.

Next day I was scared to see myself. Because of sleeplessness and confusion. My face looks like a panda. I took bath and got ready for the check up. Today counts two and a half months for me since I was diagnosed early. Two more weeks for completing first trimester and to go into safe zone.

But my baby is a miracle already he faced lots of problems. I can say that he can withstand two more weeks. Yeah my instinct is telling me it's a boy. I don't know how but I can feel it. So I thought of addressing the baby as him.

When I went to the living room, the whole family is ready to go with me.

After lots of persuasion, me and my husband left the home alone.

We reached the hospital right on time for the appointment. Our doctor is ready for check up. She prescribed for blood and urine test. I went to lab to give my blood and urine. After that I was asked to drink lots of water for ultrasound. I drank lots of water and waited for one hour so that I was ready for ultrasound test.

I was asked to lie down on a bed near ultrasound machine. She placed the cold gel on my abdomen and spread the gel using the transducer which looks like a thick rod curved at the end.

Then she entered my details in the computer and started scanning. After sometime she pointed to two bean sized black dots and said that these are my babies. She said that I am having twins. Both me and my husband are shocked. I am so happy that we are having two babies. But my husband's face showed confusion and nervousness. The doctor's face doesn't look good.

She then showed us our babies heartbeat. They are strong and steady which made me cry out of happiness. Even though my husband is nervous of the result. He too was smiling when he heard the heartbeats. That small gesture made me happy.

After all the scanning is over we are in a room with our doctor for discussing the blood results and ultrasound scan.

"You see her health has improved a little.... It's not upto what I expected... She is still very weak. And the ultrasound scan showed that she is pregnant with twin babies that adds to our cons. So it's better she abort the babies and get better before getting pregnant." She said. The happiness I felt earlier is replaced by sadness. I won't allow it. They are miracle to withstand all the problems they have faced since they formed. But killing them halfway is not right. They have right to live.

"No I am not aborting my babies" I said sternly to her.

"Angel we can always get babies again. Your life is on the line why can't you understand" my husband said with sorrow and hopelessness.

But I am not going to give in. This is my babies, how can I kill them.

"No....." I shout at them.