Chapter 2

Davina POV

Everyday my routine is to get up early in the morning and prepare food for breakfast and lunch and then I have to get ready to go to school which is my heaven. Then go to my part time place. Then come back to hell... my house. I can't call it home since it never felt home. Then prepare dinner, do laundry, clean the dishes, clean the house, do my homework and then very little sleep. The routine follows everyday.

I am not allowed to talk or question. So I am mute in my house. You might ask, why I am doing part time job. Because eventhough I am doing all the work in the house I am not given single cent for myself. I have to earn that too myself. My cousins, they never lift their finger but they got pocket money from their parents.

I miss my parents very much if they were with me I wouldn't have suffered like this. I sometimes think that if they took me with them atleast I wouldn't be suffering this much. But since I am so small I don't remember my family much.

But I don't want to end my life . I am believer of Christ. I know that suicide is sin so I am not going for that option.

And also I have my friends in school Emma, My best friend. Her boyfriend Jacob Taylor he is like a brother to me .

I live my fullest in the college with my friends.

Today I am late I feel not too well. Inspite of that I prepared everything in the house and went to the college little late.

My first class is English. My English lecturer is very strict. she asked me to stand outside the class for two hours.

I can feel i am getting sick but I can't do anything. If I get sick I am not allowed to take medicine. I will be locked inside house until I get better. Still I have to do all course in the house. Only thing is I am not allowed to do is going to college which I love to do.

So even if I am sick I will not tell anyone including Emma or she will force me to go to hospital.

One time I got sick and Emma found out. She took me to hospital and they admitted me there for two days. Next one week I was house arrested and was only given one time food. So I dare tell anyone I am sick.

But this time it look different I know something is wrong with me . I can feel I can't hold for long before I pass out.

Still I managed to stay awake the longest I can hold. I was sweating like hell. Through my blurred vision I can see trouble walking towards me.

My cousins were passing through our class. I feel like I can't hold it any longer since they will take away whatever energy left inside me within seconds.

People don't know that I am their cousins. They don't want to expose our relationship since if it's known then they will be ashamed . But even if they want to expose I am not ready.... who wants to be related to college sluts.

As soon as they see me they started yelling at me. As soon as I hear their shrilled voice it increase my head ache. Then my dizzyness increased, black spots appeared on my already blurred vision. I felt the land move now I am on the ground. I can't move my limbs. Only thing I can hear is people shouting my name and everything went black.

I was waking up to see a white ceiling and sky blue wall room. Emma was in my side. As soon as I wake up she moved towards me with a glass of water. I drank a sip of water and asked the typical question everyone asked " where am I and why am I here"

Emma frowned her eyebrows. She was debating whether to tell me or not. I can see something is wrong with me.

" Carol your in the hospital. You are sleeping for almost two days. You fainted in the school. Do you remember. Your family is not responding so me and Jacob took you to the hospital and...."

She was hesitating to tell me something." You fainted because you had high fever and you were dehydrated. Also they diagnosed that you have heart disease which is not so fatal but if you are further stressed then it may lead to heart attack." She said

"Oh! " I said casually which made her shocked.

"Are you not afraid that something will happen to you" she asked still shocked.

"I don't know maybe if it's my time then I might have to go to God what is there to afraid of " I asked her. I can't tell her stress is part of my life which I can't take away. After returning to that house I will again be stressed and naturally something will happen to me . Only if there is a miracle then maybe I'll be saved. But who will come and save me from the hell.

"When will I be discharged " I asked her.

"Jacob made an appointment with a very famous cardiologist so you will get discharged after he says that you can go home" she said

Cardiologist attended me in the evening and informed me not to stress, not to lift heavy things, not to do work continuously. The three things that I can't stop. Then he gave some tablets and he asked me to be in observation for one more day.

One day passed I was sent home. My uncle who is angry talking in phone saw me and throw the phone towards me to relieve his anger. I ducked luckily. His anger increased he again locked me in the room arrest.

I can feel their tension. There is something wrong. They already sold my father's company so he is unemployed now, so it's not company related but it may be money related. So as usual I kept my mouth shut and remain in the room without coming out.

Suddenly I hear commotion in the living room. Some guest is there.

I can hear shouting and yelling. Then suddenly everything is calm like a storm is brewing.

I want to see what is happening. My curiosity lead me to open the door and made me look through the little opening.

There my uncle is begging to someone to give him time to pay the money. Then suddenly my uncle told him something which made my blood freeze.

"Boss I know I am late in payment but I have no money please give me time I don't even have anything to sell...... Wait I have something my eldest daughter. You can use her as  maid . She can do all chores without complaint. She can also satisfy you at night. " With out even having any conscience he sold me.

The man standing there was standing there without saying anything.

After thinking for while he spoke" I can't take anyone without their consent. If that person object to come with me you have to pay the money within two days or you will be arrested do you understand". He threatened him

My uncle was shaking of nervousness. I know my time is up. My uncle will make me accept the offer. He needs money. He will get more money by selling me.

My mind says he is good person since he respects my decision which my so called family never respected. So the place where I will be going might not be so bad .... I hope.....

Will that place become her home......