Chapter 10

Lennan POV

"Sir listen to me. We rescued her but she is losing lots of blood..."she said to me then again turned to my father

" I think you are her family she needs blood transfusion. Her blood is ab-ve which is very rare. We only have one unit in our bank. We appreciate if the close family members who have the same blood type can donate." She said waiting for our reply, we looked at each other in pain since we are not her blood relative and we are all of different blood type.

"We are her in laws. She doesn't have any blood relative....." my dad started but he was cut by my best friend George.

"I can donate, I am her big brother and I am also ab-ve" he said looking at the nurse.

We all looked at him in shock. So the baby sister my friend is searching is my wife... I can't believe it. So that's why he was crying earlier.

The nurse rushed him into the lab for blood test.

"What is happening here" my mother asked....

"I will explain later" I said not wanting to talk to anybody.

I can't stay here waiting for the blood to come on its own. So I went to the blood bank wanting to ask for any other source for blood. They said if I donate they can arrange for one more unit of blood. I gave blood there and searched google for nearest blood bank.

I got two address. I called them and confirmed the availability. Then I went to the blood bank and donated one more unit blood in exchange for her blood type.

I arranged people to donate blood. I came back to the hospital weak and shaking . Its been 5 hours. I totally donated 2 unit blood,I didn't even drink a drop of water. I feel like falling anytime. I never felt weaker than today.

When I reached there the nurse is talking about the blood bags that came mysteriously which helped her surgery. I felt happy that I can do this much to her.

I felt dizzy but still I reached there and hold my brother. "How is my wife" I asked the nurse.

"Oh! you are her husband.. she is already a heart patient she shouldn't do strenuous activity but she is beaten to death. How do you think she will be. She had two cardiac arrest. We brought her life back with great difficulty but you are not here. She is struggling for her life but you are drinking and having fun. Because of some anonymous donator she got blood" she said sarcastically.

"She has heart problem" I asked shocked. This is again a new information to me.

Jacob POV

"Brother she fainted in college 6 months ago and diagnosed with cardiac problem. I said I will help for her treatment but she insisted on saving money for her treatment. She didn't even accept Emma's help. When I found she is married, I asked her to tell her husband but she still insist on saving money and then doing treatment after her graduation but she thought of telling you this week because next week is her appointment." I said to my brother. I don't want him to get mad on her.

He is not standing steadily. Something is wrong with him. The nurse thought he is drunk but my brother knows his limit. Also during situation like this he will never drink. He ran out of the hospital as soon as George is taken inside to donate blood. He came after 5 hours, weak and pale. He has done something....

Suddenly he fainted. We took him to the emergency room. Then we found that he donated blood for his wife. I felt proud to call him my brother.

The nurse who criticize my brother was ashamed when he woke up she was apologizing whenever she sees him. He was in IV trips for two hours. Then he was shifted to the room alotted for carol for the time being since she is in ICU.

One hour back she was out of operation theatre. She is steady now. They did the intervention process for her heart on our parents request. George is also resting in the couch. I sat in the chair between the couch and the bed where my brother is laying.

He is very quite didn't even ask anything. I know I should explain to him everything or he will lock himself and never ask anybody if he feel betrayed.

"Brother do you know that Dove's heart problem is fixed and she is steady now. She is in the ICU. You can see her after the trip is over." I said

"Oh..." Was the only reply he gave

" Do you know George is her brother" I tried again.

"I know...." He said without any emotion.

"Brother Dove didn't intend to lie to you. She really is a nice girl. She will never lie to you. She just want to handle everything herself. When she fainted 6 months ago, I almost begged her to take treatment but she is too stubborn in doing it herself. So don't take it to heart. Whenever she is talking about her husband and his family, I can see a happiness that is missing in her eyes almost forever. So please don't take it on her" I pleaded him.

"I know she is a good girl. I know whatever you have told me is true. But I am her husband, whatever mine is hers. I have already told that to her n number of times. Can't she cure herself with our money. So she didn't think of me as a family" he said still emotionless.

" Did you confess your love to her " I asked.

" No " he replied

Lenn POV

Jacob asked me whether I have confessed to her. No, I replied.

"Then how do you think she will know that you are her family. Yeah legally you are her husband but personally even though she loves you,.... you didn't confess your love. She would be afraid that you will misunderstand her as a gold digger. And don't say no because you definitely will do" he said to make me understand.

I didn't reply. I was thinking for a long time then I understood she might have felt insecure. I would have definitely gave her money if she explained the reason but she knows my temper. She might have frightened.

Then I turned to George " how do you find out that Davina is your sister" I asked.

" I didn't find her, Alex found me. As soon as he saw me he thought I am his dead brother, my father. He thought we already found each so he blurted out that we are brother and sister, that's how I found my sister. I am a terrible brother. I left her with that monster. Atleast you rescued her" He started crying.

" No no no George you are not a terrible brother you saved her life. So don't feel bad. I know dove won't blame you" I said to comfort him.

I know my comfort won't do anything to him. He has to talk with dove to get clear headed. I also has to talk with her to clear my mind. But my anger decreased to none still I have to speak with her for further peacefulness in our life.

We are still waiting for her to get up......