𝘖𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘔𝘰𝘰𝘯

I stared at the two lines on the pregnancy test confirming that I was indeed pregnant

My stomach dropped as I looked at myself in the mirror.

I cursed my damn birth control in my head.

Sasuke had excused me from the office for the rest of the day worried about my sudden illness.

So many thoughts start to rush through my mind as I stared at myself and then the ring on my finger.

I take a deep breath and pull out my phone contacting my mother.

"Hello Akari! How are you doing sweetie?"

"Mom..." I smiled holding back the tears relieved that she picked up.

"I'm ok how are you and dad?"

"Ohhh we're alright sweetie I'm so glad you called." I heard her joyful voice from the other side of the phone.

We enjoyed a light conversation before I got to the subject.

"Mom..."

"Yes sweetie?"

"...I'm pregnant." My voice sounded like it was going to break.

"I'm sorry say that again sweetie."

"Mom I said I'm pregnant."

There was a brief silence over the phone before she started to speak again.

"OH MY GODDDD IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU BABY!! WHO'S THE FATHER?!"

I wiped the tears streaming from my eyes as a whole bunch of emotions ran through me.

(Do I really want this baby? Do I tell Sasuke? Do I leave work?)

"It's Sasuke Uchiha."

"I'm sorry, isn't that your boss?"

"Yes but I'll explain everything."

After I finished explaining everything to her her tone began to change.

"Now Akari."

"Yes mother?"

"I don't really like the way it started but it blossomed into a beautiful thing." She chuckled.

"Does he make you happy?"

"He does mother, the happiest I've been for awhile."

"Then there is no need for me to worry much about anything then love, Although I would've waited until we were actually married."

I let out a laugh as she lectured me a bit.

"Mom."

"Just know that we support you and we're here for you always."

Those words made me break down even more.

"Mom I love you so much—you and dad I thank you for giving birth to me giving life to me all and everything you've done for me." I say choking back my tears.