09 | Bloodletting

Flower In The Impure River | Chapter Nine
Chapter Nine | Bloodletting

"..I guess she's to ill to be able to attend the wedding." Taehyung says softly as he spoke to Yoongi who was sat on the ground, the omega rose an eyebrow and looked down. "Alpha, I doubt this wedding will even happen."

Taehyung frowns and shrugs. "Is it wrong I don't feel upset about that?"

Yoongi shrugs, sipping on a cup of coffee. It was the next morning since Jihyo was ill and fell. They awaited for the maester from the royal family because Hoseok went on to fetch them, though because they are commoners, they did not hurry for the omega.

They'd rather let her die.

Jimin was tending her because he knew much more of medicine then the others. Plus he volunteered and told them it would be much more fortunate if they were not in the room as they saw Jihyo retch and vomit.

Until, they saw Jihyo walking down the stairs in her night gown as she cursed Jimin underneath her breath. The younger omega was tugging her but was a bit disgusted at touching her skin which was covered in a thick oil. So he covered his hand with a cloth. As he continued to tug, Jihyo finally broke which caused Jimin to recieve a wack square to his cheek, causing him to squeak sadly.

Taehyung saw this and ran up to the stairs, "Mother! What was that for??"

"Damned omega won't let me go, tell that bitch to let me go!" Jihyo hisses, frustrated with her painful headache and burning fever, Yoongi walks up and shakes his head, "He is only trying to help, Jihyo."

"It is Ms Kim to you, Ms Kim!!" Jihyo shouts as Jimin looked at the scene roll out, Taehyung sucked in a breath as he held Jihyos wrist, his palms covered in the sickly thick oil of her skin. Was she wounded? It was almost like puss.

"The maesters will arrive soon." Yoongi says softly, attempting to calm the distressed omega down.

The yellow fever was no joke, it made you go insane from the pain. It plays around with you, it causes you to feel better from time to time only for the pain to erupt so suddenly to drag you down and down to your wits end. Either the cure or your death.

"What do you suppose she has, Jimin?" Taehyung asks as Jimin hesitates. "I-I say y-yello-"

"Stop it!" Jihyo screams, wanting to cry. She was afraid, how could this happen to her? How could life be so cruel. She lost her husband, had to care for her sons alone, and now is going to deal with an illness that may kill her? What next? Her death?

Jimin looks off as Jihyo felt hot tears roll down her sweaty face. "Get that omega out of here!" she cries, "He's distressed me enough, get him out!" She yells, turning to Jimin as she grabs his shirt and tugs him backwards and forwards until Taehyung tugged her hand off him so he'd have time to scramble off.

Jimin did, he ran off with a startled noise when Jihyo reached to tug his hair. All he had to do is wait for maester.

Hoseok arrived hours later with the maesters who carried their cases with medical supplies, Jimin smiled at the alpha as he led the other 2 alphas up the stairs alone, unsure if Hoseok was to stay at the hut or go out.

Jimin walked up the stairs as he was followed by the maesters and then led them into the room Jihyo was choking in, he looked back with a small smile to be friendly with them because they are..basically royalty.

"I am Dr In-sik and this is my assistant Yaechul." The tallest of the two introduces himself as he leans down and opens the case, Jimin smiled and nods. "I'm Jimin, the midwife is really ill and I suppose it's-"

"Yellow fever?"

"Y-yes," Jimin says, taken at back.

"It is spreading around the village, it's becoming an epidemic, the best thing for villagers such as you would be is to flee Quilt-Jui." Yaechul says at the omega, pulling out a blade to cut her arm so the infection would bleed out.

"I am going to bleed her." Yaechul says as he saw In-sik peaking underneath Jihyos night gown.

"W-what is that?" Jimin asks, startled by the blade he held. That would make a deep cut. Not pretty.

"It is to help her vein breath. We have to take out the infected blood." In-sik says as Yaechul nods along, Jimin lets out a small hum and nod as he beginned to walk out the room to fetch the boiling medicine he had on the fire but felt In-sik tug his shirt. "Do you have coins, omega?"

Jimin looks up with big eyes. He did not realize he had to pay, he was unsure if Hoseok was still home or if Taehyung and Yoongi are back from the market, "I, um. Yes." He lied, "I will go fetch Jihyos medicine,"

"No, no. We need the payment. Now." Yaechul demands.

"I-I don't have coins, but her sons will pay.." Jimin admits, afraid this time, tugging his wrist in attempt to let himself off the tight grip of the alphas. "Are you a virgin, omega?"

"Uh-"

"Is that cunt tight? Fat?" In-sik asks before he felt a grape thrown at him. "Get to work before I round your asses up and down." Jihyo threatens. No longer will she filter herself because of her rankings. No, fuck that.

Yaechul lets out a low growl. "Be glad she woke up," he says before going to work on her. Either way they'd be payed, they just wanted to see if they'd score cunt.

Jimin frowns before walking out the room and down the stairs as he saw Taehyung and Hoseok conversing as Yoongi napped. The omega has been doing that alot lately, it was a bit worrying.

"Is everything okay, Jimin?" Taehyung asks as the omega shakes his head. "We must fleed."

"What?" Hoseok asks as Taehyung sighs. "I suppose we should. I have been pushing this topic aside, Hoseok. We have to leave the village. The yellow fever is no longer a hoax."

Hoseok rolls his eyes. "What about mother?"

"She will be left in the hands of the maesters." Taehyung says as Jimin shook his head. "No, we take her with us."

"That is like taking the virus with us," Taehyung retorts as Jimin bites his lips. Hoseok wacks Taehyungs hand.

"We need to discuss this with mother," Taehyung says softly to Hoseok. "She knows best."

Hoseok frowns, thinking of all he'd have to leave behind.

His entire life. His mother.

blood·let·ting
/ˈblədˌlediNG/
noun
the surgical removal of some of a patient's blood for therapeutic purposes.

///

sry for not updating weight gain sucks