Chapter 8

As last period came to an end, all Harriet could think of was Sebastian. She couldn't believe she was going out with him in a few hours. It had been her dream since the first day she saw him at school.

The moment the bell rang, signalling the end of English class, Harriet literally sprang from her chair and headed out the door as though she were being chased by monsters. As she reached her locker Harriet was out of breath. It took her awhile to regain it, but finally, she did. Just as she was about to leave, she felt a hand on her shoulder. Her heart skipped a bit. Harriet didn't even have to look back to know that it was Tian.

"I can't wait to see you tonight," he whispered, ever so softly in her ear. She knew it was meant only for her. Then he walked off.

+ + +

It's 7:17 pm and I'm not even nearly ready for this date! Harriet thought. She had so many things to do to prepare and so little time to accomplish them. So, to keep organized and to make sure she did them, Harriet made a list.

1. Take a shower

2. Find nice but casual clothes

3. Put on makeup

4. Style hair

5. Find shoes that match the outfit I chose

6. Calm down and relax

It was 7:54 pm when Harriet completed everything she wrote down. Tian said he'd pick her up at 8. Still 6 more minutes. Harriet decided to watch some TV while she waited and before she knew it the doorbell rang.

As she walked over to open it, her heart began to race. She couldn't believe this was finally going to happen. She was going on a date with Sebastian Craynsum!