Chapter 9

As she sat in the passenger seat of Sebastian's car, Harriet wondered where they were going. Every time she would ask him, he wouldn't answer and would change the subject. So this date was a true mystery.

When they arrived, Sebastian directed her towards a nice table, looking out at a beautiful pond. There were ducks and some koi fish swimming in the water. There was even a swan!

Harriet was looking out at the pond, distracted by the sunset that was happening when the waiter arrived to take their orders.

"What would you like this evening?" asked the waiter.

"Um, I'll have the chicken pot pie and some tomato basil soup please!" replied Tian.

"I'll get the salmon burger and some fries please," said Harriet who was still thinking of the sunset. "Oh, and I'll have some of that soup too please!"

"Is that all?" the waiter asked.

"Yes, that's all for now. Oh, and water will be fine for us," Tian replied.

As the waiter left, both Sebastian and Harriet turned back towards the sunset that was falling down over the pond. What a beautiful sight!

A few minutes later, the waiter arrived with their food. They thanked the waiter and started eating. Everything was so delicious. When they finished, Tian paid for their meal and they got back into his car and left the restaurant.

When Tian pulled up in front of her street, Harriet felt an overwhelming feeling take over her. She was so sad that her first date with Tian—a wonderful one at that—was over. Tian walked her to her front door and told her he had a great evening and hoped they might do it again sometime.

"Goodnight Harriet," he said as he gave her a little peck on the cheek, "I'll see you soon."

"Night Tian," Harriet said back as she opened the door and went in. Once inside, she immediately ran up to her room and started freaking out.

He kissed me on the cheek! she thought as she fell into a deep but euphoric sleep.