Chapter 11

It was a beautiful day outside. The birds were out and singing their beautiful songs for the whole neighbourhood to hear. It was one of those rare days that are not often seen near the end of November beginning December. Harriet loved those days. The sun was peeking out of the clouds, but not completely, and there was a slight breeze in the air. Those days were truly something magical. Harriet didn't have a particular destination, so she followed her feet to wherever they led her.

It was nearing 12 pm when Harriet arrived back in front of her house. When she entered, she went straight to her room and lay down on her bed. During her walk, she had started thinking about Tian. Was he thinking of her? Was he missing her? All these questions made her mind start going crazy. Harriet was so tired from her walk, she couldn't keep her eyes open any longer. And just like that, Harriet fell into a deep deep sleep.

When she woke up, the sky was getting dark outside. She headed downstairs and found her mom reading on the couch. When she walked into the living room her mom looked up at her and with a small smile said hi. Harriet asked her how long she had slept for and her mom told her about 7 hours.

"I tried to wake you, but you were sound asleep that nothing happened," her mom explained, "There's some dinner left for you in the fridge if you're hungry."

Harriet walked towards the kitchen and opened the fridge. There was some salmon and rice with potatoes on a plate, so she took it out and heated it up. She went back upstairs with her dinner and saw a light blinking from her phone. When she opened it, there were 2 messages. One from James, and the other from- "SEBASTIAN!" she squealed. She immediately unlocked her phone and read the message. It said:

Hey Ri, was thinking we could get together tomorrow. Anytime works 4 me :)

Harriet giggled. Tian was the only one who called her Ri. She liked it because her name didn't have many nickname possibilities. It was always just Harriet.

She texted him back saying to meet at the park where they first met at 12 pm. She couldn't wait to see him. And talk to him. And possibly kiss him again? In general, she couldn't wait to be with him.

After she finished her dinner, she fell asleep and woke up the next morning feeling refreshed.

+ + +

At 12, Harriet headed out the door and decided to walk to the park. When she arrived, she saw him sitting on the very bench where they first met. She was immediately filled with joy as she ran up and hugged him as hard as she could, never wanting to let go. When she finally did, Sebastian was gasping for air. Harriet laughed. He's so cute when he does that, she thought.

They walked around the park holding hands, talking about everything and nothing. Finally, it was time to go home. Her mom had told her before she left to be back home before 5 pm and it was now already 4:45 pm. Harriet wondered where the time had gone. She felt as if 3 minutes had passed, not 4 hours.

Sebastian walked Harriet home and right in front of her house, he stopped. What happened next was exactly what Harriet dreamt would happen. Sebastian kissed her! And it was no light kiss, it was full of passion. Then it was over. As she was turning around, Harriet felt Sebastian's lips by her ears whispering those three special words.

Harriet fell asleep that night with those words whirling around in her thoughts.

I. Love. You.