Chapter 10

It's Saturday! Don't have to worry about school which is good, since I wouldn't be able to concentrate anyway, Harriet thought as she woke up.

Harriet decided that she would call James. She didn't really have a reason (except to tell him about her first date with Sebastian), but she felt like talking to him. The last time they had talked felt so long ago to her, even though it had only been about 2 days.

Phone in Harriet's hand, she lay down on her bed and dialled his number. Like always, James answered on the very first ring.

"Hey Pansycake! How's life treating you so far?"

"Awesome actually! I went on my very first date with Sebastian last night. It was A-MA-ZING! He brought me to this beautiful place where there was a pond right beside our table with ducks and koi fish, and even a swan! As we ate, we watched the sunset. It was beautiful!" Harriet replied trying to contain the excitement bubbling up inside of her.

"Oh that's wonderful Harriet! I'm really happy for you," James said, a slight flatness in his voice. "I hope things work out for you two. You look really happy with him. And I like seeing you happy."

"Thanks James! That means a lot coming from you. Have I ever told you how thankful I am to have you as my friend? You're such a great person and I'd never want to lose you. You're too important to me," Harriet explained. "Remember that okay?"

"Okay Harriet. I'll always remember that."

"Good. I've gotta go now James. Talk soon!" Harriet told him.

"Yep, okay. Talk to you soon. Bye Pansycake!" James responded.

Then the phone line went silent. Harriet shut her phone off and put it in her back pocket. Not sure of what to do now, Harriet decided to go for a walk. She grabbed her coat and headed out the door. All that was left was a note on the kitchen counter that read:

Went for a walk. Be back soon. -H