Chapter 4

"You see, you want to go into your inventory, and click on that torch there. That will build three torches for you." Connor glanced over and pointed to my torch. "Gel is flammable, did you know this?"

Connor was putting the final touches on my home. "And..... done!" I gazed at the house. "Wow, that's a pretty good house!" I glanced at him. "How'd you do that so good?" Connor didn't answer.

Connor looked up in the sky. "Oh no. Um, Logan, it's getting really close to nighttime. Since I haven't built a house for myself yet, can I share yours?"

I nodded as I opened the door to my new home. Connor walked in after me. He closed the door behind him.

My first night. Oh boy. We sat there for a few minutes. Connor was fiddling with things, seeing what he could craft. I was thinking to myself, "Wow, this isn't as bad as I thought."

But suddenly, "Boom!" A loud pound on the door. Both Connor and I stood up and backed away from the door. "Boom!" Another pound on the door. Connor eyed the door in fear.

"Holy Eater of Worlds," he whispered. "It's a zombie."

I took out my sword, and slowly walked towards the door. I took a deep breath, opened the door, and quickly slashed my sword.

I put the sword through the zombie's chest, but he was only knocked back and kept on walking towards me. I was taken aback by this, but it didn't stop me. I swung as hard as I could, but to no avail, I knocked him back yet again.

"When is this guy going to die?" I yelled back to Connor.

"Around 2 more hits," he yelled back. He was trying to hold the other door shut, but then realized that he could board the door up with a block.

Connor charged at the zombie, punched him square in the face, and that zombie flew.

He died on the ground, on impact. But there was something unusual about his droppings.

There was a brown piece of meat laying on the ground. I picked it up and walked over to Connor. "What is this?"

He stared at it for a few seconds. "That's weird. That's rotten flesh. But isn't that only supposed to be in Minecraft?"

I stared at the rotten flesh, then at Connor. "Mine what?"