Chapter 5

Day 2:
The sun rose over the hills as I left the house for fresh air. Connor startled me when he came up behind me.

"Hey, uh, we need to go mining. You know, for resources. Got to do it sometime."

I sort of stared at the ground. I didn't expect to have to go mining so quickly. It's my second day, for the love of Cthulhu!

So I equipped my pickaxe and walked around a bit with Connor until we came across a cave.

"Ladies first," Connor moved out of the way and smiled.

I glared at him and said, "Shut up." He laughed and I dropped into the cave. Connor followed but was clumsy and ended up sprawled out on the cave floor. I examined the cave around me.

We had landed in a flat area, but a part of it descended down into the depths of the cave.

"What are you waiting for? Let's go." And with that, we headed further down.

I was looking around, paranoid about monsters coming out at me when I saw something glimmering in the wall. I ran to it, Connor at my side.

"Ooh, nice find. That is iron. You want to mine that out because you can make armor and weapons with it." Connor was pointing at the iron in the wall. I mined every last bit of the iron and we moved on.

We traveled down for a while, stopping to kill a slime or two. To be truthful, we were hiding from them.

But then, a skeleton jumped out from a small hole in the wall. My instinct was to run, and that's exactly what we did.

The skeleton chased us far into the cave. We eventually lost him, although we had no idea of where we were in the cave.

"Well, let's forget about finding our way back," Connor moped. I was once again paranoid.

We turned a corner, and I heard a noise from behind. I looked back, and I wish I hadn't.

A dark, shadowy figure was behind me. But before I could make out details, it disappeared and left only wisps of smoke behind. I didn't say anything, because I didn't want to freak Connor out.

I thought it was nothing and we continued walking. But then the figure materialized in front of me, and took out an Enchanted Sword. I yielded my sword, and the battle had begun.