The Date Pt.2

We went to this restaurant called Shokumotsu. When we walked in, everybody got up and bowed. Iron golems surrounded the inside and outside of the restaurant. We were escorted to a table in the back. I'm still not comfortable around crowds. But I'm getting over it. He ordered a takoyaki platter. I ordered some tempora.

" So Y/N, we have been dating for two months now. And I've kinda been avoiding the topic." He said. " What topic?" I asked. " About your past." He said. I almost choked on my food. " Well you haven't been around that much. I only see you in the morning and at night. You've been busy working." I said. I turned my head to face the floor.

" Well I was hoping for this surprise to come later. But I'm taking six months off to be with you." He said. I went over to him and kissed him. " If you wanna know about my past, let me take you to a place that means a lot to me." I said. I extended my hand to him. He seemed skeptical.

" What? Is the mighty Admin scared of surprises?" I said. " No. I'm not." He said. He took my hand. " By the way, no guards. This place is my place. I can't have anyone intrude on it. I only want to show you because you're my boyfriend." I said. " Okay." He said. He signaled the guards to leave.

I took him into the forest. We walked until we reached a clearing. In the clearing was a meadow filled with flowers. " Where are we?" He asked. " This is my place of solitude. This is my garden." I said. I walked through the flowers. Romeo was trailing behind me. I brushed the petals with my hands, just like that time long ago.

We walked over to a tree. I climbed up. He flew up. " So why did you bring me here? It's quite beautiful." He said. " To be honest, I wasn't even sure if this place was still intact. This is the place I used to come to when I was younger. I haven't been here since. The last time I came was to put something in the time capsule that I put here." I said. 

" May I see it?" He asked. His eyes were gleaming in the moonlight. " Yeah. I didn't want to take it out until I came back here." I said. I reached into a tiny compartment in the tree and took out a box. I opened the box to examine what was inside. " I actually forgot what I put up here." I said.

The first thing I took out was a slingshot. " I put this here to remember the first time I met Cobalt. He was being chased by some bullies and came here. I was up in the tree and made sure not to be noticed. The kids started beating him, so I made this slingshot and shot apples at the kids. They ran away after that." I said.

" Even back then you were fierce." He said. The next thing I took out was a pair of white rider gloves. " This was o remember the first time I rode a horse. My dad told me that when I was four, I would learn how to ride. When it was finally my fourth birthday, my dad took me to a ranch. I picked out this pretty white horse named Destiny. I hopped on her sattle and began my lesson. I was doing good, until a dog scared the horse and she knocked me off. I ended up breaking my arm, but I was good at riding. I did it again after my injury healed." I said.

" By the way, when is your birthday?" He asked. " Oh, it's B/D." I said. " That's the day before I return to work. You'll be turning 21, right." He asked. " Yeah. When do you start your time off?" I asked. " Tomorrow is my last day. Then I take a vacation." He said. I looked at the last object in the box. I started to cry. " Y/N, what's wrong?" He asked.

" The last time I came here, was the day after my parents' murder. I added this picture of us so I would never forget them." I said. " I'm sorry I killed them. I wasn't thinking. I was scared that something would happen to me." He said. " Fear is a powerful emotion. It can cloud our judgement. So we must be sure not to be irrational when fear takes over." I said.

" You are wise beyond your age." He said. " Stella said the same thing." I said. " Y/N. Even though I killed your parents, I promise I will not hurt you. I will always protect you." He said. He hugged me. " Romeo." I managed to say. " I love you, Y/N." He said. " I love you too, Romeo." I said. We kissed. I blushed. " What?" He asked. " We never used that phrase before." I said. " Well I believe its time we start to then." He said. " So now its your turn. Tell me about your past. I only know what Jesse told me." I said. " That will have to be . story for another time." He said. I made a pouting face. " It's getting late. We should probably head back. I'll tell you another time. And I'll make it up to you somehow." He said. " I know how you could make it up to me. Take me to work with you on your first day back. I always wanted to see the famous Sunshine Institute." I said.