Chapter 24-Almost gone

The next two chapters are long. I was going to make them one but its too much. Love you all.

Bull made it to billings in an hour. The nurses would not tell him anything citing privacy. To hell with that. Time to put the money he had to use. He called Grants mom and dad telling them what happened. He arranged a private jet to take off as soon as they could meet it. Her mom calling the hospital and got an update sending him a text that she was in surgery and it was touch and go.

The bullet hit her heart and then her lung. They were doing there best. Dev made it there an hour after he did. Eden was in surgery. She had internal bleeding. Her injuries were less severe. She may never walk with out a limp or have kids but she would live. After a few hours both of them were out of the Or and in the ICU. Bull could see Eden because Dev told them it was OK but not Grant. Her parents would be here in five hours. Five hours too long.

Walking into Edens room was hell. She was hooked up to machines but was breathing on her own. She was still under sedation of sorts. Bull pulled up a chair and picked up her hand and kissed it. What the hell was he going to do if he lost either of them. It had barely been a month of them together but to him it was enough time to know. It was enough time fall in love with them both. He vowed that if they made it out of this that he would ask them both to marry him.

He laid his head on her hand and prayed more then he ever did in his life. Prayed for her and his Samantha. He told god and any other spirit that would hear him,  that if he took them then he begged for him to him too. To let them all together again. To loose one of them would be bad. A couple they were not. A throuple they were. Three people that belonged together. Three hearts one soul.

Edens first memory of the hospital was Bull crying. His hand was cupped in hers. The first word she said was "Sam". Bull pushed the button for the nurse. She came in and checked things and showed Eden the pain med button. Eden wanted to push it but needed to know about her her. Hell she did not know what to call her other then hers.

"My love don't talk. I don't know much. Only that she made it threw surgery. Her mom should be here in a few hours. I cant see her till they get here. I love you. Please know I do. Now hit the button and go to sleep. I'm here. Dev is too. We will switch. Your OK." He told her. She nodded and squeezed his hand. She was out a few moments after getting the pain relief she needed.

Dev came in an hour later with coffee. Bull told him what was going on. He told him to go get some food and that he would call him if anything changed. Bull knew he could not eat so he called Mal, Fabio. Cal and Svet. Letting them know that he was going to MIA for how ever the hell long he needed to. They offered to come out but Bull would not let them. If things went south then he would need them.

By the time Sally and Danny pulled up to the hospital Bull was almost ready to break down doors. He met them at the front entrance and ushered them in. Sally went to the nurses station and told them who she was. She came back out and grabbed Bull. Danny nodding. He knew the hell he was going threw. When Bull walked into her room he lost it and sank to his knees. His woman.His strong woman. His Samantha was lying in the bed hooked to machines including a ventilator. It was killing him. She looked so fragile. When he was finally able to breath Sally offered him the the chair she had pulled up next to her daughter.

He sat down and found a space on her arm that he could touch. He kissed it over and over. Sally looked at him and smiled. Rubbing his back.

"Sally, I'm sorry. I was not there. I was home cooking for them I wanted to surprise them with diner. a late night valentines  day and all. Forgive me please?" Bull asked the woman. He failed them both. The two most important people in his life almost died tonight.