˗ˋ 01

CHAPTER ONE

-: third year :-

── IN WHICH THEY BLOW UP AUNT MARGE

. . .

Marlie and Harry had taken turns staying up late to try and do homework all summer. With their books confiscated, it really had them taking turns to use their books, parchment ink, hiding under the covers with a torch to try and complete it. 

But on the night of their 13th birthday, the both of them were squashed into Harry's bed, which was slightly closer to the window and allowed a little bit more light. Marlie was supposed to be helping her twin with the History of Magic essay, but had fallen asleep at some point.

"Marlie." Harry hissed, and the girl woke up with a start, scared it was because Aunt Petunia had woken up and was coming to check if they were asleep. "We got presents." 

Marlie moved to the side, and carefully pet the owls that had dropped off said presents whilst Harry opened them, smiling as they moved to Hedwig's cage. The Weasleys had won some money and were in Egypt - and had sent the twins a pocket sneakscope each. 

Hermione had sent them a much longer letter than Ron's, and as she read it, Marlie was already planning her reply. For Harry, she had gifted him a Broomstick servicing kit - and the boy had instantly promised Marlie she could use it if she wanted - and for Marlie , there was a copy of a muggle book that she saw Hermione reading the year before, but didn't manage to borrow. 

The final parcel seemed to be moving, and the twins opened it with caution. It was two books, which seemed to be some form of monsters. They scuttled along the floor like crabs, and disappeared underneath their beds. 

It took them a while to catch the books, and Harry eventually managed to shut them by buckling a belt around each of them, stuffing them under their beds. The letter that came with it - addressed to them in Hagrid's familar scrawl - seemed rather ominious to why he had gifted them it.

But they didn't think about it for long, because the twins realised very quickly how late it was, and they should probably sleep. And so they did, their room soon falling quiet after the constant scratching of a quill. 

The next morning Marlie woke up to Harry's bed empty, and she quickly rushed to get dressed - choosing one of Petunia's less grandma-like dresses, paired with a jumper she had been gifted from Mrs Weasley. 

"Did I miss anything?" She asked, quietly joining Harry in the kitchen, taking a slice of plain toast and trying to eat it without making much noise. 

"Some convict escape." He shrugged, and turned a shade paler. "Aunt Marge is coming." He informed her, and Marlie made a face, Harry nodding in agreement.