˗ˋ 06

CHAPTER SIX

-: third year :-

── IN WHICH SHE RECIEVES A POTION

. . .

Marlie remained outside for as long as she could, before making her way back into the castle. But before she went to dinner, the Potter girl decided to visit Madame Pomfrey.

Ever since arriving at Hogwarts, Marlie had trouble sleeping - she was always taken over by the feeling of cold spreading through her body if she even began to relax. The previous nights, the most sleep she had gotten was when her body couldn't physically stay awake any longer.

She hadn't had the chance to speak to Harry about it - but considering how well rested he seemed, in comparison to the continuously growing dark shadows under Marlie's eyes - the female Potter twin could assume that he was getting a few hours more than she was.

As soon as she entered, the sound of a flurry of footsteps and mumbles could be heard approaching. "Miss Potter, what are you doing here?" A stern voice asked, and Marlie looked up to see Snape staring down at her, Dumbledore close behind.

"I'm here to talk to Madame Pomfrey." Marlie replied, watching as the potions teacher sneered, sweeping his cloak around him in a bat like fashion, stalking out.

"Miss Potter, I heard about your endeavours this afternoon." Dumbledore approached the girl, peering down at her, in a way that was so much friendlier than Snape. "I'm glad to see that the incident on the train isn't affecting your learning."

"Thankfully not." Marlie lied through her teeth, and she wasn't entirely sure whether Dumbledore knew this or not - he had a tendecy to know exactly when someone was telling the truth or not.

"Well I won't keep you." The teacher said, before walking off, leaving Marlie slightly confused, as she was after most conversations with the somewhat eccentric headmaster.

Marlie stepped through the doors into the Hospital wing, looking through the door into Madame Pomfrey's office, finding she wasn't there. Continuing forward, Marlie stood by the entrance as she watched the woman tend to the only patient in the room.

"Come to gloat, have you?" Draco hissed, as Madame Pomfrey applied something to his cut. He had seen her through the gap between his arm and Madame Pomfrey's. The nurse turned around, before beckoning Marlie over slightly, returning to Draco's cut.

"How can I help, Marlie." Madame Pomfrey asked, as soon as Marlie was stood at the end of the bed. "I don't suppose you have anything Hippogriff related?"

"No, I was actually wondering if you had any potion that would help me get to sleep." Marlie said, Draco whining too much to hear, or so she thought.

"How do you mean - what is restricting you from sleeping?" Madame Pomfrey said, and Marlie glanced down at Draco, who was clutching his arm. "Come, whilst I get him bandages."

Marlie nodded, walking with the nurse to the opposite side of the room. "I keep getting cold.. like from the dementor attack. Like my insides are trying to freeze if I even try and get to sleep." Marlie explained, and Madame Pomfrey stared at her.

"I see. And is your brother experiencing the same symptoms?" She asked, pulling out a roll of bandages and a pot of balm, walking over to Draco again.