˗ˋ 12

CHAPTER TWELVE

-: third year :-

── IN WHICH LUPIN'S BACK

. . .

The twins were kept in the hospital wing for almost as long as Madame Pomfrey could get them to. They recieved plenty of visitors, of course, Hermione and Ron, Ginny, the two Weasley twins and the majority of those in their year that they dormed with.

Dean Thomas had arrived with a bunch of flowers that was wrapped in newspaper - but it wasn't just any newspapaer, as he had informed Marlie, blushing slightly. He had drawn all the drawings, and said his goodbyes and wishes quickly, rushing out.

Marlie had accepted it gratefully, pouring over the drawings with some form of awe in her eyes. Harry, still bitter about the loss of his broomstick, had watched the pair with slight confusion and had been somewhat protective since.

The entire Gryffindor team had come to visit, Oliver insisting it was neither of their faults, although both twins noticed he did sound rather dead inside.

The twins had decided not to tell anyone about the grim - or whatever they saw at the top of the stands. There were a few options of how people would react - and neither of the twins liked any of them. People wouldn't believe them, Ron would freak out and Hermione wouldn't believe them.

Marlie didn't believe in the grim at all really - however it did seem more and more likely that they were seeing something. First at Privet Drive, and then the countless incidents in Trelawney's class. Marlie could've sworn she had seen it at night on the grounds. And now during the Quidditch game - just when the dementors were about to get them.

Harry and Marlie hadn't really talked about it, but they had pretty much figured that it was their mother had heard screaming. And whilst Harry had laid awake, horrified, Marlie couldn't help but play it over and over - no matter how horrible it was, that was the only time she had ever heard her mother's voice - or that she could remember.

It was that, or just how horrified Marlie was at it, and it kept playing involuntarily, in those moments that staring out of the window opposite of her couldn't fix.

Thankfully, they were back to school on Monday, and although they were very grateful to be back in the hustle and bustle of the school, they did have to endure the taunting of Draco Malfoy.

Marlie hadn't expected him to be any different after the short meeting, however the dementor imitations became all a bit much, and ended with her and Ron throwing potion ingredients at him, collectively getting fifty points taken off of Gryffindor and yet another joint Saturday night detention, which seemed to be coming a staple of their third year experience.

They grumbled as they walked to Defense Against the Dark Arts, Marlie coming to a conclusion as they came to the door. "If it's Snape stood at that desk then I'm skiving. I can't deal with another lesson from him." She said, frowning as Hermione peered around the door, before nodding and pushing the door open further.

"Oh thank Merlin." Marlie practically shouted as she walked through the door. "I was about to throw myself off the Astronomy tower, I've never been so glad to see a teacher-"

"You might wanna tone it down a bit, Marls." Harry nudged his sister and she nodded slipping down into her usual seat, Professor Lupin supressing a smile.