˗ˋ 22

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

-: third year :-

── IN WHICH THERE'S OBSTACLES

. . .

On Saturday morning, Marlie would get up, dressing quickly before  rushing over to the boys dorm, invisibility cloak balled up under her coat. "Morning you lot." She smiled over in the direction of Dean, Seamus and Neville, before slipping over to where her brother was packing his bag, passing him the cloak and watching as he put it in his bag. 

Breakfast was a quick affair, most of the students practically inhaling the variety of foods on their plates. Of course, they were desperate to set off to Hogsmeade for the day, getting another few hours away from the castle.

Marlie and Harry were the same, however their excitement was skillfully hidden, the ability to disguise themselves of it coming from their childhood at Number Four Privet Drive - living alongside the Dursleys you would quickly learn not to shown any emotion other than complete obedience, unless you wanted trouble.

Down the table, Hermione kept shootings uspicious looks down the table at them, but they avoided her eye, Marlie's hand diving into her pocket every so often to make sure the Granger girl hadn't taken the Marauders Map.

 And they were careful to let her see them walking back up the marble staircase in the entrance hall as everybody else proceeded to thefront doors. "Bye!" Harry called to Ron. "See you when you get back!"

"Remember to bring us sweets back from Honeydukes!" Marlie continued, Ron grinning and winking back at them, before turning away out of the door.

The twins hurried up to the third floor, Marlie pulling the map out of her pocket as they did sp. Crouching behind the one-eyed witch, she smoothed it out. A tiny dot was moving in their direction. Marlie squinted at it - the minuscule writing next to it read Neville Longbottom.

"Shit." She said, Harry glancing at her then down at the map. Marlie pulled out her wand quickly, muttering "Dissendium!" lifting Harry's bag and shoving it into the statue, but before either of the twins could climb in themselves, Neville turned the corner.

"Harry, Marlie! I forgot you weren't going to Hogsmeade either!" Neville sounded surprised, and  Marlie moved quickly away from the statue, tucking the map in her pocket.

 "Hi, Neville," Harry copied his twin's movement, getting away from the statue of the one-eyed witch as quickly as he could. "What are you up to?"

"Nothing," Neville shrugged. "Want a game of Exploding Snap?"

"Er — not now — I was going to go to the library and do that vampire essay for Lupin-"  Harry quickly said.

 "I'll come with you!" said Neville brightly. "I haven't done it either!"

 "Hang on Harry — yeah, we finished last night!" Marlie elbowed her brother in the side, as discreetly as she could. Harry nodded along.

 "Great, you can help me!" said Neville, his round face anxious. "I don't understand that thing about the garlic at all — do they have to eat it, or —" He broke off with a small gasp, looking over Marlie's shoulder.