˗ˋ 07

CHAPTER SEVEN

-: third year :-

── IN WHICH THEY ENCOUNTER A BOGGART

. . .

Draco returned to classes late Thursday morning, walking into the potions' classroom like he owned the place. Upon seeing him, Pansy Parkinson fawning over him and Draco winking to Crabbe and Goyle, Marlie instantly moved over to sit next to Hermione, rather than her brother.

"And why did you feel the need to move, Miss Potter?" Snape drawled, as Malfoy promptly sat down in the seat she was once sat in.

"Why, planning on calling the Ministry on me?" Marlie mumbled under her breath, "Is it illegal not want to sit next to pompous prats, sir?" She said to his face, instantly getting a detention.

She wouldn't usually talk back to teachers - on occasions she did to Snape, the annoying idiot, but with Malfoy's return came the bubbling anger she had felt towards him whilst with Hagrid, who was terrified of getting fired.

"Don't go getting too brave Potter." Draco snapped her in direction. "All it would take is one dementor and your out."

"You can't talk, Malfoy." Marlie replied, looking pointedly down at his arm. "All it takes is one harmless Hippogriff." She scoffed, turning back to Hermione, listening to Snape. She was actually good at potions, as much as Snape hated it, and easily absorbed any information.

With Hermione's help, Marlie managed to not make any comments to Malfoy, but as soon as she was out of the Potions' classroom, there was nothing holding her back.

"Don't be such a prat Malfoy." She said, almost instantly after the door closed behind her. "Hagrid isn't going to get fired and frankly I don't care what Sirius Black did."

"You sure about that? I would tell you.. but then again, can't be getting blamed for the death of the great Potter twins." Draco drawled in reply, and after replying to him with a few choice words, Marlie stalked off, Harry, Ron and Hermione following her.

"He's a prat." Marlie said decidedly, as they sat down at their usual seats in the Great Hall. Across the room, Draco was sat at the Slytherin table, a great deal of girls fawning over him - Pansy not looking too pleased.

"Are you sure that potion isn't making you grouchy?" Harry mumbled to her, watching as his twin rolled her eyes. "Alright, I get it - Malfoy's a prat."

"Damn right he is." Fred Weasley chimed in, watching as Marlie stabbed a sausage. "She alright?"

"A lot of pent up anger. Since Monday she's not been able to insult Malfoy to his face." Harry explained. "It's rather understandable. Marlie really doesn't want Hagrid fired."

"He's a brilliant teacher." Hermione said, trying to somehow fix her bag, which had split at the seams due to the amount of books in it. Lunch passed quickly, and soon enough, the group were sitting down at the desks in their Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom.

Professor Lupin wasn't there yet, but he appeared pretty quickly. He still looked rather shabby, elbow patches slightly torn, but he seemed healthier than he was on the train. A long scar covered majority of his face - something that Marlie had spotted on the train, and as she watched the teacher open his briefcase, she saw several scars over his hands and travelling up his arms.