˗ˋ 39

CHAPTER THIRTY NINE

-: fourth year :-

── IN WHICH THEY SET OFF

. . .

It had taken the inhabitants of Ron's attic room quite a while to get to sleep following dinner, because even after all five of them had settled down - showered, changed into pajamas, brushed teeth and everything in between - none of them found themselves particularly tired.

Fred and George had delved into several discussions mostly about their products, hidden under the blanket of Fred's bed (apparently, as much as Marlie, Ron and Harry already knew about the business they were putting together, none of them could hear or see this), leaving the three now fourth years huddled on Ron's bed, discussing heatedly who they thought would win. 

After several noise complaints from Percy who was really trying his best to get everything done before they left the next day and Mr Weasley traipsing up the stairs under rather sleepy instructions from his wife to tell them to go to sleep, they had managed to do just that.

And then, early next morning, when Mrs Weasley awoke to come and shake them into conciousness, she found Fred and George in their seperate beds, but her youngest son balanced between Harry and Marlie's - and it seemed the Potter twins were in their siblings's bed instead of their own.

Marlie was woken with a gentle shake to her shoulder, eyes blinking blearily open and seeing Mrs Weasley stood above her and Harry. "Time to go, Marlie dear." The woman was saying, reapeating the phrase to Harry when he woke next.

It was still dark outside, so early that the summer sun hadn't even begun to approach it's dawn. Ron muttered indistinctly as his mother roused him. At the foot of Harry's mattress, they saw two large, disheveled shapes emerging from tangles of blankets.

"'S' time already?" Fred asked groggily, rubbing sleep out of his eyes as they reached for the piles of clothes they had prepared the night before, Marlie slipping outside onto the small landing to change and asking quietly if everyone was ready within the room before pushing the door open again.

They were too tired to talk, yawning and trying to make themselves look more presentable as they slowly made their way down to breakfast, reaching the kitchen in what must be the slowest time on record.

 Mrs Weasley was stirring the contents of a large pot on the stove, while Mr Weasley was sitting at the table, checking a sheaf of large parchment tickets. He looked up as the group entered and spread his arms so that they could see his clothes more clearly. He was wearing what appeared to be a golfing sweater and a very old pair of jeans, slightly too big for him and held up with a thick leather belt. 

"What d'you think?" He asked anxiously. "We're supposed to go incognito — do I look like a Muggle?"

"Perfect." Marlie grinned. "Very good." Harry agreed, nodded as enthusiastically as he could in his state of tiredness.

"Where're Bill and Charlie and Per-Per-Percy?" George asked, failing to stifle a huge yawn. 

"Well, they're Apparating, aren't they?" Mrs Weasley pointed out, heaving the large pot over to the table and starting to ladle porridge into bowls. "So they can have a bit of a lie-in. Marlie - would you be a dear and get the jams out, they're just in the cupboard by your head."