˗ˋ 37

CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN

-: fourth year :-

── IN WHICH THEY LEAVE PRIVET DRIVE

. . .

When Harry and Marlie managed to return to their room, they found Hedwig waiting for them in her cage, staring at them with her enormous amber eyes, andclicking her beak in the way that meant she was annoyed aboutsomething. Exactly what was annoying her became apparent almost at once.

"Ouch!" Harry exclaimed, his sister turning around and laughing as she saw a little round ball of grey fluff colliding with his head. It began wizzing around the room like a crazed snitch as Harry massaged the spot it had hit, Marlie ducking down to pick up the small letter at it's feet.

"It's from Ron." She said, eyeing the owl and Harry leaning over her shoulder as she ripped the envelope open and pulled the hastily scribbled note within.

Marlie, Harry - DAD GOT THE TICKETS!

Ireland versus Bulgaria, Monday night. Mum's writing to the Muggles to ask you to stay. They might already have the letter, I don't know how fast Muggle post is. Thought I'd send this with Pig anyway.

"Pig?" Harry broke off the reading and looked up at the owl. "They named an owl Pig?"

"Who knows?" Marlie shrugged - there was no shortage of strange pet names in the Weasley household, Ron's old rat (before they found out he was a wizard in his animgaus form) was called Scabbers, Percy's owl that had been gifted to him as a reward for becoming a prefect was called Hermes, and the family owl who was almost ancient and had a tendecy to crash into things was called Errol. 

The small ball of grey feathers that looked less like a pig than anything either of them had ever seen in their lives was now speeding around the light fixture above them. Their attention turned back to the letter.

We're coming for you whether the Muggles like it or not, you can't miss the World Cup, only Mum and Dad reckon it's better if we pretend to ask their permission first. If they say yes, send Pig back with your answer pronto, and we'll come and get you at five o'clock on Sunday. If they say no, send Pig back pronto and we'll come and get you at five o'clock on Sunday anyway.

Hermione's arriving this afternoon. Percy's started work -the Department of International Magical Cooperation. Don't mention anything about Abroad while you're here unless you want the pants bored off you.

 See you soon - Ron

Smiles spread across the twins' faces, Marlie hurrying to write back a quick reply as Harry attempted to get the owl to calm down. It eventually settled on the top of Hedwig's cage, still twittering madly just as Marlie found a quill, a scrap of parchment and wrote out the reply.

Ron - it's all okay, the Muggles say we can come.
See you five o'clock tomorrow. Can't wait.

- Marlie 

p.s. your owl hit Harry in the head, expect him to grumble about it.

"Hey!" With 'Pig' calmed down, Harry had stood by his sister and leaned over her shoulder, clearly seeing the contents of her note. "Give it here." He grumbled, taking the note and folding it up as small as he could.