Runaways

Glass_Petal

"Touya?"

As the red haired Todoroki looked at his younger brother, he saw pain in his eyes. The scar on his face, the pure terror in his eyes while he watched his older brother pack up so he could run away from the years of abuse.

Shoto looked at him and ran to his older brother.

"Please don't go!" Shoto cried for his brother.

"Come with me! We can leave this place and be free of him for once!"

"But Fuyumi And Natsuo..."

"We can tell them we're leaving but don't say where we're going." He winked. Shoto looked at Touya and nodded. He ran off, running to to tell their siblings.

Around an hour later Shoto had a bag packed, a sleepy look on his face, and Fuyumi and Natsuo standing behind him. Fuyumi had tears in her eyes, Natsuo refused to look Touya in the eyes.

"Please don't go!" Fuyumi begged. She fell to her knees and cried for him.

"Quiet down. We'll write letters, or you can come with us! We should stick together." He suggested. Natsuo shook his head.

"As much as I hate him, Mom is still in the hospital and I don't know where you guys are headed." Natsuo explained. "I don't want to leave her alone." He said. Fuyumi agreed with him.

"Then stay. I'll see you two around. Let's go Shoto." Touya said, grabbing his younger brother's hand. Shoto waved goodbye to them and Touya had opened the door for them.

------------

Touya had bruises on his face from his own quirk. Shoto constantly asked if he needed to go back. He put on a surgical mask to cover up his face and gave Shoto one as well. He wore a hoodie to hide his dual toned hair and hide their identities.

Touya felt the rain begin pouring. He sighed and grabbed his brother, picking him up. They could stay inside a store until the rain let up or find their way to a hotel and stay for the night. He had taken one of Endeavor's credit cards and he had a lot of yen on it so he'd be fine for a while.

He pulled out a stolen cigarette pack and took one out. He used his quirk to light it as he walked throughout the city.

"Let's go inside." He said to Shoto, walking inside a cheap motel he knew would have some crime activity going on. He was pretty sure he could hear someone being murdered next door. He obviously didn't care.

"Go to bed Shoto. We're getting up at six. The old man's probably looking for you." He said. He had turned off his phone, knowing it could be used to track them and while his brother slept, he searched for anything the lunatic put on him. A tracker or something.

-----------

Shoto Todoroki was now eight and Touya was eighteen. Two years had passed and they were still on the streets. Touya looked completely different than he did three years ago. He recently burnt off most of his skin and Shoto watched.

To keep his skin together, he stapled his scarred skin too his unscarred skin. It was painful and gruesome but it was done. Shoto had developed a few scars as well, from the constant muggings and harassment.
He even got a little to close to Touya when he had an outburst with his quirk. His entire left side was almost burned. His face scar grew bigger and his chest was marked with a large burn, scarring his chest to his shoulder. They stapled the together too. It hurt.

It hurt a lot.

Shoto and Touya definitely didn't stick to their promise to Natsuo and Fuyumi. They didn't write, visit, or do anything to keep in contact with their family. Endeavor stopped searching for his failure and masterpiece after three months.

Goes to show how much he didn't care.

"Ok, pick." Touya said out of no where. Shoto looked at his brother in confusion. "Midnight black or All Might blonde?" He asked. Shoto pointed at the Black box.

"Why?"

"I'm dying my hair. You should too."

"No thanks." He said. Touya rolled his eyes.

"If we're going to do anything anymore we need new names." Touya said. Shoto nodded. "From now on, my name's Dabi, ok?"

"Ok! Can I keep my first name though? Let's just change my last name."

"Sure bud. Let's get packed up. We gotta get to the next place." 'Dabi' said. Shoto smiled and grabbed his bag. It had holes in it and Shoto had issues carrying it around anymore. "We also need to get you some new clothes and a new bag. Let's go."

The checked out of their motel and were on their way.

------------

Shoto had grown taller in the seven years. He was fifteen now, Dabi was twenty six and he lost all sense of compassion for his brother. Shoto wandered around the streets as a bunch of heroes crowded the street. Midoriya from UA had been involved in the Stain attack and so was a boy named Iida.

Shoto remembered that last name from one of the meetings their father held.

The heroes involved in the Stain incident, Manual, Gran Torino, and Native were explaining what happened. Endeavor was there too.

Ew.

They walked past them.

Resorting to stealing was the only way they got food or were able to survive. So they did it. It was easy to do since most people were kind of stupid now. Nothing very flashy like Murder but he was easily very good. (Yet)

Shoto looked at 'Dabi' and behind him was a creepy looking old man. He was looking at them. He put a hand on Dabi's shoulder and it made him jerk his body away and light his shoulder up.

"Do you believe in the Hero Killer's words?"

"Hell. Yes." Dabi said. "There are at least five fake heroes in this place, guaranteed." Heroes were patrolling and getting interviewed.

"You?"

"Yes." Shoto responded.

"You guys have been on the street for a while now, huh? Come with me for a sec. I'll let you two decide what you're gonna do when you meet Shiagaraki."

Shoto looked at his older brother and smirked, "I like where this is going."