The Party

She looked beautiful. I mean of course she did. That's easy for anyone to say.

Let me try that again for you. She looked stunning. Hair lightly curled, makeup light but effective, Red dress that sparkled in the moonlight a jacket that had been discarded along time ago. Rafael was lucky and he knew it. Dancing, no, swaying to the music with her in his arms. How the hell did he get so lucky? Well he could never forget that.

He hated parties. they both did but he knew they would only be there for a couple of hours so he did his best to enjoy it. He definitely would. The only good think about this party was Olivia and the alcohol they were the only two things keeping him sane. He started to think about everything. They had now sat down at the bar now she kissed his cheek and smiled at him. "How long do you reckon we have before we slip away."  He said taking her hand into his. A light smirk crossed both there faces. Olivia's dropped quicker though because she seen Chief Dodds coming towards them both.

"Chief Dodds it's good to see you."  She said. They talked a few seconds then Dodds called Barba over for a couple of seconds. "Take her back son she looks really tired. Watch a movie or something. Just let her enjoy her evening and let me deal with the excuses." Barba stood there he nodded a "Yes Sir." and walked back to Olivia.

 They headed to the room fairly quick after that. A glass of prosecco  and a movie on Netflix later and they were in bed. The party clothes swapped for a pyjamas and a couple chocolate muffins  from the party buffet had now been eaten. Barba looked at her. He noticed a few crumbs and some buttercream on her face. "Liv you've got a few crumbs, Here let me show you."  Rafael said and showed her. He kissed her and teased her a little bit.

It's going to be an interesting night. He thought.