Chapter 1

"Sis! Sis!"

Han groans in distress upon the deep voice, her body getting lightly shaken by a pair of tiny hands.

"Oi!" The deep voice booms one more time, making the girl sit up from her bed very instantly. She rubs her eyes as her room's light gives her a good hard slap, "What is it, Felix?" She asks, feeling annoyed that her beauty sleep is ruined by her little brother.

"Do you mind making me a bento so that I can bring it to school?" He requests in a soft voice this time.

"When will you ever learn to pack your own lunch box, Lee Yongbok?" Han gets off her bed lazily while Felix flashes her an unhappy look, "Did you really have to address me that way?"

"Heck yeah." She smirks, "You're graduating from high school soon. You can't rely on your sis all the time."

"Why." Felix pouts this time, following her to the kitchen as Han starts cracking eggs and chops some veggies to make an omelette, "I've got university too, you know."

"But doesn't your class start at 12 today?"

Han turns to look at the boy while putting on a blank face, "Doesn't mean I have to wake up early at 7 to cook some stuff for you everyday." She does have a point though—anyone would rather have a full, undisturbed sleep till their last minute.

"Okay okay! I'm sorry." Felix chuckles and starts massaging her shoulders, giving his sister a small reward for preparing his meal, "Btw, do you mind putting some sliced oranges for today? In need of vitamin C."

Hans' hand reaches for Felix's cheek and gives a light pinch on it, "You do have so many requests huh." He winces in pain with small 'ouch'es and soon places his tiny palm on his cheek after she lets go, "How mean."

Han grins at his adorable reaction and proceeds to slice the fruit he previously requested. On the other hand, Felix excuses himself to get ready for school.

In just a few minutes, things are ready, and Felix comes out of his room with his hair, neatly slicked. Han 'woo-ed' at him and hands over the lunch box, "You styled your hair today. Any occasions?"

Felix's cheeks turn slightly red at her question. He quietly goes for the shoe rack and starts putting his Converses on, ignoring the older one completely.

"Bro, stop pretending. You're definitely trying to look good for a reaso—for someone." She gives him a smug, and as expected, the girl hits the bull's eye. The younger one jerks his head in her direction while putting on a bashful look.

"Who's the unlucky one?"

"??? Excuse me?"

"Okay okay, shoo. I hope that person will be impressed."

"Thank you." Felix replies insincerely this time, knowing that his sister is still lowkey making fun of him. He bids goodbye to her rather quietly, as the girl couldn't help but laugh once again at how timid he is.

As Han is about to yeet herselfback to sleep, her phone buzzes a few times, indicating a text message.

Jeon Jungkook
HAN
r u coming to the 12pm lecture?

Jeon Jungkook
i'm honestly lazy but i mean—
:c

Lee Hanseol
I'm also lazy jungoo
But GPA exists so
:)

Jeon Jungkook
same han, same
so u goin?

Lee Hanseol
Heck yeh dude

Jeon Jungkook
aight
i'll c u later

Han locks her screen to look at the time once more—thankfully, still having about 2 hours left to refill her energy. Hurriedly, she makes herself cosy under the sheets and goes off to sleep without wasting any more time.

.

.

.

The girl spins her pen while puffing her cheeks in disappointment; the lecture is getting boring week by week, but she knows that she can't skip this shit since technically, Han will be putting her GPA at risk.

"You're gonna drop your pen soon if you don't stop spinning it." Her seatmate slash her only friend in university, Jeon Jungkook, gives her a nudge on her arms.

Hearing his words, the girl stops spinning the so-called pen and starts repeatedly clicking it—not with the intention to disturb her seatmate, but is doing it out of habit. Unfortunately though, Jungkook is in fact disturbed by it and groans in dismay.

"Stop being a distraction oh my god." He whisper-yells, hoping that no one in the lecture hall can hear him. Han squints her eyes at him before redirecting them to the projector and its boring content flashing right in front of her. "It's not like you're paying attention either."

He instantly shuts up after Han eyes at his computer screen, revealing that old, pixelated game. What is that called again, Minecraft? She tries to recall the small pieces of information, as she isn't exactly the gamer type.

"Well, not like you're doing better than me, Jeon." She shrugs her shoulders, and after a while, he decides not to complain about her ways of dealing with boredom, until a certain, random question, captures her attention.

"What's your opinion on soulmates?"

"What random bullshit is that?"

"Why can't you just answer me?" He shoots a question back—well, it's not like he's asking a totally weird question. "There's no harm in wondering about something uncommon, is there?"

He isn't entirely wrong. Han nods, accepting his argument. "You're talking about soulmates, as in the fated one?"

Jungkook replies, "My mom told me they exist. We're all born to spend our lives with a particular person."

"And when did she tell you that?"

He pauses a bit before he returns his attention to his game, killing some zombies, "When I was about 10 years old maybe?"

"Ugh." She groans, thinking that the short conversation kind of wasted her precious little time, "Such old news, Jeon. Who the heck believes in this soulmate thing nowadays?"

Jungkook doesn't reply to Han's complaint, instead, giving her a little pout—somehow dissatisfied by her opinion. But he can't blame her either; they're both already 22 and it's probably a bit awkward to believe such tales at their age.

Well, at least Jungkook still does, but Han? Definitely not.

"You'll never know. There are ways in which you'll meet your soulmate." After a few more seconds of silence, he counters her opinion. "You'll have his/her words written on your arms, or you can't see colours until you meet them, and—"

"Uhh..." Han can't bear the sudden flood of information and cuts him off, feeling confused as if they really aren't on the same page. "How do you know all of these?"

Her seatmate pauses his game and looks at her with a straight face.

"Google."

Han rolls her eyes, followed by a huge sigh. "Thanks for the information, Jeon. I'll totally believe in you."

"You better do." It seems like he didn't get her sarcasm inserted in between her sentence, as he happily goes back to building his ugly pixelated house.

--------

Author's Note: Hello! How are y'all? :D

Honestly idk what to say rn but VOTE FOR SKZ AT SMA

SDHDSHHSD ok I shall take me leave

thank you for reading :D :D :D

p.s. this is still the beginning lmao hyunjin isn't even in the picture yet