Chapter 22

As soon as Han comes home, she instantly locks herself in her room and dials the number quickly. She lays down on her bed and sighs, waiting for the other line to pick up.

"Hello?"

"Jisung!" She yells rather excitedly, "I...have news."

"Right. The tea." He sounds disappointed for some reason, and it quickly diminishes Han's excitement. She calms herself down and speaks, "So I lied to Hyunjin that we're dating."

"Y-YOU WHAT?!"

Han did not expect him to scream that loud; she literally had to distance her ears away from her phone for a few seconds before leaning back in, "Well, he questioned about it. And I thought as soulmates, we're supposed to be life partners..."

"O...kay."

"But here's the thing!" She quickly changes the mood, "My friend said that soulmates do not necessarily have to be lovers." Han carefully says, rambling about all the things that Chan has told her at the café. Jisung listens to her intently throughout the talk and finally sighs after she finishes.

"That friend of yours...isn't wrong though."

"It's something new for me to take in, but I'm glad that you understand." Han replies in relief, "That's why, I was thinking of clearing things up once again with Hyunjin. He seemed bothered by the lie, I think."

"Oh? Did he?" For some reason, Jisung's tone becomes brighter this time. "Did he indicate any signs of interest?"

"I'm not sure. He did say that he felt hurt after knowing..."

"OH?" Suddenly, the sound of Jisung dropping his phone somewhere and loud clappings are heard, surprising Han. "J-Ji???"

"Han, he's definitely interested in you. I've never seen Hyunjin so bold, even admitting the fact that he's hurt."

"Is he though? I can't be sure." Han sighs, running her fingers through her hair, "I don't want to get my hopes high."

Jisung's chuckles are heard. Han could swear that she hears him cheering about the fact that his best friend is finally attracted to someone.

"Trust me, Han. I've been friends with Hyunjin for so long. That boy had zero interest in finding his partner, but now that you've told me this, you seriously brought some influence. What did you do to him? Didn't you guys basically meet once only?"

"Exactly! I-I didn't do much." Han is confused as well—technically she has known him for a while, but today was just the second time he has met her.

"Anyways, I guess I'm changing my mind about this."

"What?"

Jisung lets out a bright chuckle, "Go get him, Han. You have my full support."

"Wait wait wait." Han gets up from her bed and starts walking around in circles, "You're telling me, to confess to Hyunjin?"

"Well, what's the point of clearing things up but not confessing? Kill two birds with a stone when you can."

She doesn't know what to reply to her soulmate and stays silent until Jisung starts talking again. "Look. Hyunjin doesn't simply take interest in anyone. He has been like that for years. You have such an impact to grab his attention. That's when you know you're special."

"But still..."

Jisung groans from the other side and sighs through the phone. "Don't you like Hyunjin as well? I don't see the reason why you're holding back. We've got the soulmates perspective solved, and Hyunjin shows his attraction for you, so what are you waiting for?"