Chapter 10

The morning goes by with Felix, sadly, forgetting every single stuff he listened to and told his sister yesterday. Han, of course, wanted to thank him, but that would only confuse the poor boy with her load of bullshit.

So, Han decided to do the morning routine as usual, accurately predicting Felix's needs while still, acting dumb. Of course, Felix found it surprising, and had the need to interrogate her later on after he comes home from school—which is something she obviously expected.

Han didn't forget to inform Jungkook that she wasn't coming to class too.

And last but not least, Chan and his girlfriend. Honestly, his part didn't really matter, since Han was planning to come to the exhibition alone to get things done with Hyunjin anyway.

Though it is gonna be hard to earn that friendship status and gain his trust, Han honestly has no choice but to go with Felix's idea, since it somehow makes sense.

Han stands near the sculpture and once again, wait for the boy to hop into the frame.

When he does, she snaps a picture of him posing, without him realizing it. Han takes quite a few pictures to make sure some good results are made and wait for the two boys to check on the pictures.

"I look quite weird here..." Hyunjin points out, and as Seungmin is about to warn him about the people that have been giving them glares, the girl quickly steps into the situation with a tiny smile.

"Excuse me." She starts, gaining their attention while they slowly move away from the sculpture, "Um, I've got some pics of you. I was wondering if they could be useful." She then shows the pictures of Hyunjin that she has snapped.

Hyunjin goes to check on them, eyes sparkling to see how this random girl practically captured some good moments.

"You're actually pretty skilled." He compliments, which surprises her. Never, she thought, would hear that kind of sentence coming out of the boy. Seungmin too, nods in approval, and chuckles, "But having your picture getting taken by a stranger is lowkey creepy though."

Ugh, Seungmin. Why did you have to say that? No offence against Seungmin, but that person basically is trying to ruin her somewhat, already well-aligned plan.

"True..." Hyunjin sounds a little bit bothered now—his expression also becomes different. "Are you a fan or...?"

"Fan? Are you a famous person?" He might think that she's trying to play dumb, but Han is genuinely curious if her soulmate is someone well-known.

"Oh no. He's just that famous in his high school that quite a lot of girls do stalk him." Seungmin butts in, and Han nods in understanding. Right, she probably heard something similar yesterday.

Nice info though, I'll probably forgive him for making me look like a stalker.

"Well, to clarify, I'm not your stalker." She smiles lightly, "I'm not even in high school, I just happen to pass by and saw you having that model and prince-like aura while posing. So I just had to take a pic of it; 2 art-pieces in a frame."

Cringe. Why am I complimenting him that much?

Her old-self definitely would have lectured the younger one for being inconsiderate for taking too much time and not being aware of his surroundings.

"Thank you for the compliment." Hyunjin replies, though he seems somehow awkward after Han spills everything on him. Seungmin perhaps found it weird and forced, too, but Han kind of saw that coming. It is an act after all—it's probably too staged for it to look natural.

Anyway. She shakes off her negative thoughts to continue with her suspicious act. "Do you want the results? I can send it to you."

Han hopes that by using this tactic, Hyunjin would actually exchange numbers with her. And if the friendship can't blossom this afternoon, at least she could do some stuff through texting with the remaining time of the day.

And after that, maybe she can plan to meet Hyunjin more often and foster their relationship.

"..." The tall boy hesitates and looks at Seungmin for help. The latter shakes his head, then whispers something to his friend's ear.

"Wow, talking something behind me. Interesting." Han sarcastically comments, but soon feel like slapping herself for ruining her image. Now the boys would've known that she has never been genuine to begin with.

"Well." Seungmin coughs and apologetically looks at her, "Sorry, but you do look suspicious somehow. I don't know if you're really not my friend's stalker, and it's just generally awkward to know that a stranger would snap pictures of you."

"Ah, but strangers can't be friends?" Han tilts her head, trying to play innocent, "And no, I'm not Hyunjin's stalker. I'm not into him in terms of romance."

The two boys then enlarge their eyes and slowly start walking away from the girl, making the latter confused.

"???" Han is still standing on her spot, not understanding why they seem so scared after declaring the fact that she's not Hyunjin's stalker.

"Sorry, but we don't wanna play with fire." Seungmin speaks up, and grabs Hyunjin by his arms, "We've never mentioned names, yet you know who he is."

Han stands there, frozen, while watching the boys leaving her in a rush. Hyunjin's arms are tightly gripped by his best friend as he's willingly being dragged out of the exhibition. Right, how can I be so careless?

Han's shoulders drop in disappointment after the failed attempt that she made today. Her hands run through her hair as she sighs, watching the direction where the boys had disappeared to.

-----------

Author's Note: HI! I HOPE EVERYONE'S SAFE FROM COVID (i know i'm damn late but yeah :O)

Apparently my uni suddenly postponed my classes (though some started today) for the remaining days of the week, so I guess I can update twice this week :P

ALSO! the chapters might seem a little bit shorter now, but i'm trying to separate it per-sections instead of putting a chunk of them in (it might be too long for you guys too, and prolly tiring to read).

So yeh, sections r probably gonna be Han trying to execute her plan & her bonding time with Felix HJSKDHFJKS (love ur fam ppl, treasure them while they're still here)